Unable to Make or Receive Calls/Send Texts - No Wireless Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Unable to Make or Receive Calls/Send Texts - No Wireless Service

I've just replaced a lost phone, paid my bill, and still have no service and staff don't even know why... Can someone help please me here??? I need a working phone lol

**Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Make or Receive Calls/Send Texts - No Wireless Service

Good evening @LokiLeysmith,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

A new device sounds exciting! I hope you like it so far. There could be a few different reasons why the cell service isn't working. May I know if you got the new phone as a regular upgrade or is it a replacement due to loss or theft?

1) Since this is a new phone, it could be that the new SIM wasn't activated properly.

2) If your previous device was lost or stolen and you had reported it, it may still have a block on services.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can sort this out for you in no time. Will mostly likely save you a trip back to the store :).

You can learn more about our PM system from the How to Send a Private Message blog. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Good evening @Underscore,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

You've mentioned replacing a lost phone, did you report your cellphone as lost/stolen? It could be that there may be a Lost/Stolen block on your line that needs to be removed. 

Of course we'll have a better understanding once we gain access to your account. Since Community is a public platform, I'll recommend you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look at your account. 

Not sure how our private message system works? Please click here to learn more 🙂.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got a Samsung Galaxy A71 yesterday and I can't make or receive phone calls or text messages. 

Every time I try to call someone I get the following recorded message: ' We're sorry but your home cellular company has not authorized us to provide service'. What does that mean? I've been with Rogers for years now, and I had to go get this phone because I lost my phone on a bus last week and the transit service managed to 'mislay' it. 

I'm most likely going to go down to the store I bought it from and get them to check it out. I've tried a few of the steps online here (turning the phone off/on, resetting my network settings, etc). Nothing's worked so far. I've sent a few messages to the support line and haven't heard back yet. I'm getting more than a little angry and frustrated right now, so I'd really like some help here. Thank you.  

Highlighted

Good evening @LokiLeysmith,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

A new device sounds exciting! I hope you like it so far. There could be a few different reasons why the cell service isn't working. May I know if you got the new phone as a regular upgrade or is it a replacement due to loss or theft?

1) Since this is a new phone, it could be that the new SIM wasn't activated properly.

2) If your previous device was lost or stolen and you had reported it, it may still have a block on services.

Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can sort this out for you in no time. Will mostly likely save you a trip back to the store :).

You can learn more about our PM system from the How to Send a Private Message blog. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, this was to replace a phone that I lost on a bus last week. I'd reported it online (I think), and I told this to the person I spoke to at the store. 

I have yet to hear back from City Transit regarding my old device after talking to the person at the lost and found office yesterday.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Issue solved. Thank you so much. Going a bit crazy here. I think I'll be able to sleep a bit better tonight now. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm getting a message saying I'm not on a network I csnt makes get calls or texts..I've contacted through my Roger's app that I have an issue with no response. I live alone we have no phone booths anymore ..I'm not impressed with the service. I'm always a head on my my payments ...any suggestions?

Highlighted

Hello @Tracy111

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

We hope you and your loved ones are doing well and keeping safe. 

Staying connected at all time is very important, especially during these hard times. Are you still unable to make or receive calls and SMS since you posted your inquiry? If so, we can certainly troubleshoot the issue with you.

Can you confirm the troubleshooting steps you have already completed?

Awaiting your reply. 

RogersRob