US roaming data charges/

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: US roaming data charges/

Ya for some reason ROGERS holds up for quite a bit in USA. I guess it has a strong signal.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

It does have a strong signal it seems.
I've Been Around

It seems like almost every wireless bill I get from Rogers has bogus "Canada & Roaming" charges -- usually less than one dollar, but the Apr 07, 2016 bill had $1.80 of these charges.

This is not a big part of my budget, but it angers me that 'someone' is making money out of sending unsolicited text messages to my phone number.

I suspect that Rogers itself is involved in these bogus messages, just to boost the amount that Rogers can charge to each bill each month. The amount added to my bill may be only a dollar or so, but if one dollar is added to every Rogers customer every month ... do the math!

I have called Rogers to get my bill changed in the past, it takes about 30 minutes including the wait time to speak to an agent ... perhaps Rogers has calculated to discourage us all from spending 30 min on a call to resolve a ~$1 fee ... my time is worth more than $1 per 30 min!

I am thinking about switching to TELUS ... 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersMelissaH
Retired Moderator

Hi @jbeatty,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

May I ask what kind of text messaging package is included in your monthly plan? It sounds as if you might be being charged for texting on a pay-per-use basis. 

If you like, please send us a PM to @CommunityHelps with the phone number associated with your account so we can have a closer look.

@RogersMelissaH

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 53 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 13 in conversation