URL: www.support.rogers.com ERROR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

URL: www.support.rogers.com ERROR

For information and follow up with ?   CIO / webmaster / Lithium ?

I received a txt message from Tech Support stating that to fix a wireless problem I reported, they needed a little more information from me.  The URL to start a Chat was provided.  www.support.rogers.com  as well as the Case Number.

Each Browser I tried with this URL gave me an error message.  Can someone ensure the URLs work or have valid certificates.   Thanks.

Mozilla Foxfire:

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust this site because it uses a certificate that is not valid for www.support.rogers.com. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.rogershelp.com, rogershelp.com, www.rogershelp.com

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

View Certificate

Microsoft Edge:

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.

Details

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Go on to the webpage (Not recommended)

Google Chrome

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.support.rogers.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: URL: www.support.rogers.com ERROR

Good evening @User14,

Thanks you for your post! We're grateful you are taking the time to let us know.

The link contained in the text message in question should in fact redirect you to the Live Chat service.

I completely understand how seeing this website does not have the appropriate certificate may be concerning.

For that reason, we brought this up to the attention to the team in charge. We are confident they will be taking the appropriate measures.

Thanks again for flagging. Cheers!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sometimes the canned text that is sent out with e-mails, texts, etc is out of date.   I suggest you use the following link:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

Then click Technical Support and then select Wireless.

@57 wrote:

Sometimes the canned text that is sent out with e-mails, texts, etc is out of date.   I suggest you use the following link:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

Then click Technical Support and then select Wireless.

The URL works but when I click on Technical Support I can't initiate the CHAT function.  Has it changed?

CHAT Function.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 : You probably have an issue with your browser. Either some extension like an adblocker or pop-up blocker blocking the chat, which comes up as a pop-up, or some other browser issue. I just checked and it works fine for me.  See the following post on the topic of browsers not working.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Edit - Under the "Chat" picture in your post there should be the hyperlinks to the various chat options.  Your browser/settings may be why you're encountering some of the other issues you've posted here because if the new incoming information is blocked by your browser, the information you see on screen is not correct.

@57 wrote:

@User14 : You probably have an issue with your browser. Either some extension like an adblocker or pop-up blocker blocking the chat, which comes up as a pop-up, or some other browser issue. I just checked and it works fine for me.  See the following post on the topic of browsers not working.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/42...

Edit - Under the "Chat" picture in your post there should be the Your browser/settings may be why you're encountering some of the other issues you've posted here because if the new incoming information is blocked by your browser, the information you see on screen is not correct.

Thanks!

My Google Chrome does have ad blockers so I was using MS Edge which doesn't have blockers. I'll check the settings.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus" on this server.

Reference #18.d12bf648.1558814459.5a937fb

The Mozilla Foxfire Browser did work however. The hyperlinks showed up and I was able to chat. There is always something that goes wrong! Smiley Sad

Chat Session 2.jpg