Travelling to Europe

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Travelling to Europe Receiving text messages and calls without an add-on plan

Receiving text messages and calls without an add-on plan

If I take my phone to Europe, but do not purchase an add-on plan, will I be charged if I receive a text? Also, will I be charged if I get a phone call but do not answer it?

Thanks

Allan

Highlighted

Re: Travelling to Europe Receiving text messages and calls without an add-on plan

Good day @allanp,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your contribution!

I understand your need to ensure you can control the amounts you will be charged, for your cell phone usage, while abroad. We certainly want to help you shed some light on this topic.

First of all, to answer your question, you should not be charged for calls that you don't answer or for incoming text messages, if you're covered for texts while physically in Canada. If you have a regular add-on or if it's part of your plan, the incoming SMS won't be billed.

However, if you do not purchase a travel pack or do not enroll to Roam Like Home the outgoing messages will be charged at $0.75/text.

In the instance where you need to answer a phone call, or if you need to place one, the pay-per-use rate for Europe is $2/minute.

To ensure that you are not billed for data transmissions, or to make sure you're not generating the Roam Like Home daily fee, you need to turn "Data Roaming" OFF in the Network Settings of your phone. Many devices have roaming turned off by default.

I hope this information addresses all of your inquiries. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley Wink

Enjoy your trip!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for the response. That is exactly the information I was looking for. I do have unlimited texting in Canada, so according to your answer, if I receive a text in Europe it should be free. I have not decided yet whether to take a travel plan.

Thanks again

Allan