Traveller's temporary suspension with call and SMS forwarding

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Traveller's temporary suspension with call and SMS forwarding

I'm travelling temporarily in the US for a few months and I have a prepaid SIM here, so I suspended my Rogers Wireless service. That's fine it's nice and cheap, but it doesn't allow me to forward my calls and SMS to my US SIM.

What can people recommend? Is there a way to do that with a traveller's suspension? Is there another way to do that maybe by spending a little more money?

It seems like the alternative is to port my number out to something like Voip.ms but that looks to be a real hassle.

simon

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Re: Traveller's temporary suspension with call and SMS forwarding

Nope. Doing the traveller's temporary suspension on the wireless line suspends everything, so you can't forward any calls since the line is not capable of recieving any calls while suspended, same with SMS.

I'm not aware of any other way of doing that except to keep your line active on a cheaper rate plan. Then of course you run the risk of your current plan not being offered when you get back.

Or you could switch to a Share Everything+ plan and get Roam Like Home and just use the one phone, and ditch the US sim.