Traveller's Suspension

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Traveller's Suspension

@jackthecompguy wrote:

If its a cell you want to put on hold, why not change plan to a roam like home eligible plan and use that in the US, then you don't have to pay a separate US cell bill

It was high speed internet that I wanted to put on hold. For cell phone plans, what you suggested, may work in certain situations.

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

@rj1984 There are actually quite a few people who make use of the suspension for two months, or longer then that. I speak to many people throughout the course of a day who go on vacations for two months; sometimes even snowbirds who are gone four to six months. The suspension fits a majority of the customers fine. In your case it doesn't, which is unfortunate, but not much can be done. That is the policy.

I'm Here A Lot

@lockdown2341 wrote:

@rj1984 There are actually quite a few people who make use of the suspension for two months, or longer then that. I speak to many people throughout the course of a day who go on vacations for two months; sometimes even snowbirds who are gone four to six months. The suspension fits a majority of the customers fine. In your case it doesn't, which is unfortunate, but not much can be done. That is the policy.

Thanks lockdown2341 for a reply. Frankly, I find your statement that "the suspension fits majority of customers fine"  hard to believe. Are you telling me that the majority of Canadians take vacations of two months or longer in a year? Do you have two months of vacation time in a year provided by your employer, Rogers? I actually can't think of any public or private company that provides two months of vacation time. Can you name some Canadian employers that have such vacation policies?

You are entitled to your opinion, but I still stand by mine: the suspension only fits a few people (snowbirds and/or retired folk) and not the "majority" of Rorgers' customers.  And yes, of course, it is the policy and nothing can be done, but I thought customers are allowed to give feedback to Rorgers on its policies!

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

@rj1984 In my experience, yes. As I said I speak to a majority of people on a near daily basis who request suspensions of more then two months. Hardly any of the customers I've spoken to have an issue with needing to take at least two months. I'm sure there are those who need longer then that, but they don't seem to come up very often in my own experience, whether on the phone or in the short time I've been on the forums.

Of course I can't think of or mention what the vacaton policies are for various companies; how exactly would I know that? My own vacation time is based on how much I have banked and if the time is available to take the time off.

Also, no one said you weren't allowed to give your opinion on the matter. I was simply chiming in with my own opinion. Remember I don't speak on behalf of Rogers on here. Anything I say or any opinions I have are my own.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

lockdown2341 wrote:

@rj1984 In my experience, yes. As I said I speak to a majority of people on a near daily basis who request suspensions of more then two months. Hardly any of the customers I've spoken to have an issue with needing to take at least two months. I'm sure there are those who need longer then that, but they don't seem to come up very often in my own experience, whether on the phone or in the short time I've been on the forums.

I think part of the problem is the way that you are using the word majority.

Aren't you referring to the majority of people that you talk to about suspensions want longer term suspensions ?

That makes sense because if you are just going for forty days the headache of calling Rogers and risking something getting screwed up  just wouldn't be worth it likely  for a lot of people. Smiley Wink

I've Been Around

Is this 2- 6 month suspension in a calander year?

Hello and welcome to the Community @Jwoodrow104610,

That's a good question, you can suspend your services twice in a 12 month period for a total of 6 months.

Example 1: If you suspend your service from January 31, 2017 until July 31, 2017, you'll be able to suspend your services again starting January 31, 2018.

Example 2: If you suspend your services from January 30, 2017 until April 30, 2017 and suspend them again from June 30, 2017 until September 30, 2017, you’ll be able to suspend your services again on January 30, 2018.

Hope this helps.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

Account suspension

I recently returned from a trip to Mexico for 51/2 mons. Before leaving, I set my account to holiday suspension. Upon returning I discovered my account had been suspended due to non payment. What can be done?

Hello, @ilov2inov8

I appreciate joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your concern. It's certainly not pleasant returning back to a suspended account. Most likely we did not receive the monthly payments, did you had set up pre-authorized payments on your account? 

We can investigate and take the next step in activating your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Are there terminal rental charges while account suspended? 

I'm suspending my TV account for 3 months during renovations - am I still charged for the NextBox terminal rental?