Traveller's Suspension

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Traveller's Suspension

Hello quek

Yes it has been cancelled. You can suspend your account for the time you will be gone BUT you will have to pay the same amount you pay per month. You will need to contact Rogers via calling them, Live Chat, Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps & see what they can do for you.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

So this Serving You Better  article from April 24/2014 written by Rogers Jennifer  is no longer in effect?

"Suspension program changes

Rogers now offers you the option to suspend your wireless and cable services if you’re travelling, renovating your home or temporarily not using your services. Previously, this program was available only to snowbirds and only applied to cable services. Now, Rogers cable and wireless customers can suspend their services once every 12 months for a period between two and four months. Depending on your account and the duration of your hold, you’ll be billed between $5 and $20 per month and product. Certain restrictions apply. To find out if you’re eligible for the program, speak with a Rogers customer service representative."

**UPDATE**

Just wanted to further elaborate the eligibility requirements. For cable services a maximum of 2 suspensions are permitted per 12 month period with a combined 6 month maximum length for $5 per service suspended per month. As for wireless services 1 suspension is permitted per 12 month period with 4 months being the maximum length and this is only available to consumers with no remaining subsidy or FLEXtab balance. I hope this helps clarify your inquiries regarding seasonal suspensions.

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hey Community also just to shed some more light regarding suspending services Wireless & Cable.

Cable Temporary Suspension: TV, Internet, Home Phone 2-6 months $5 per month – per service. Customers who want to suspend their services for reasons including, but not limited to:

• Vacation
        • Renovations
        • Temporarily not utilizing cable services but not moving address permanently
        • Seasonal property

Wireless Temporary Suspension: maximum 4 months $7 per month Customers who want to suspend for reasons including, but not limited to:

• Vacation
        • Seasonal users
        • Temporarily leaving the country
        • Rogers Consumer / Fido Only: Wireless Temporary Suspension is not available for:
          • Customers with a current term agreement
          • Rogers Only: Cellular with an Easy Pay balance

You can always contact our customer service department for more information 1- 888-764-3771.

Hope this helps!

I've Been Around

Hi,

You have mentioned "...customers can suspend their services once every 12 months for a period between two and four months." My trip is going to last for 40 days. Does it mean that I can't suspend my account for 40 days and it has to be at least 2 months?

Thanks.

Shariar

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @king38, welcome to the forums.

I’m guessing you are speaking about wireless services? I will shed some light on both Cable and Wireless.

Regarding wireless, if you are going anywhere in the US, it might just be better to switch to a Shared everything plan. This way, you can take full advantage of our Roam like home option. If this does not work for you, (going outside of the US or whatever the reason is) you can suspend your service for 2 months (as long as you do not have a term). Simply reactivate your service if you return before the 60 day mark by contacting customer service.

As for cable service suspension, it works a little differently. If you suspend your service for 2 months and return before the scheduled date, you may have a reconnection fee. I would therefore advise you to speak with customer service to fully understand the best option available before going on vacation.

Keep in mind both of these options have their monthly costs to suspend service. Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Be really wary of what you are being told. TWO Rogers managers have told me that there must be 12 months between suspension periods. My iPhone is factory unlocked from Apple, so no contract or term exists.

My 4 month suspension ends April 1 2015....the next suspension cannot START until April 1, 2016

So, for a snowbird like myself, this amounts to paying full charges every other year! 

First level customer service have NO CLUE about this new policy enacted last Summer. I have only been able to get an answer when I ask for management.

Bell allows wireless customers to be on seasonal evey year, with a $15 monthly fee.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If i was gone that much of the year.. it would probably not get a contract phone, pay full for an unlocked one.. and then just add/remove a plan as needed.  Even with 'setup' fee is probably still cheaper.

I Plan to Stick Around

That is always an option, but I wish to keep my cell number. I do have a couple Plan B options to avoid this ludicrous new policy.

I'm Here A Lot

Thought I would check again since Bell is now offering to suspend the Mobile Internet service for up to 6 months. I know Rogers use to do this but from the posts here can't tell if they do it or not.

I have a Rogers Rocket Hub I use at the cottage and bring home when we shut down in the fall. Since I'm looking at the renwal window, thought I'd check for options. Looks like Bell may have an advantage if I can suspend the service for the winter.

Any insights

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Best would be to call in and ask internally.

IF the rocket hub is not on contract for hardware payback..
I almost wonder if it would be still cheaper to STOP and re-set it up every X many months?

a $35 or something setup fee.. may be cheaper than x many months at $15