Traveller's Suspension

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Traveller's Suspension

Hello

I have been trying to connect to the Rogers Chat support but keep getting disconnected so thought about asking here. Since August 16th, I was advised by Rogers that we can go into Traveller's Suspension, but I can't find any information on their website on the procedure for this abd if there are monthly costs to maintain your phone number. Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks

Danny

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Traveller's Suspension

We're snowbirds and travel to Florida for 5 months of the year.  We don't bring our cell phones to Florida as it would cost a small fortunes for roaming and we have phones down here.  We still pay $57 and change monthly for our service even though we're not using it for 5 months.  We can put our Cogeco services on vacation when we leave (cable TV and internet - Rogers not in our area) and we can do the same with our US services when we're not in Florida.  We pay nothing while the services are on vacation and a simple hookup fee when we phone to have services resumed.

Does Rogers have such a service for us?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Traveller's Suspension

For the cell phones, i do not beleve there is a feature like this.  I beleive like cogeco, they do offer a 'seasonal service' like cogeco for internet/tv. Smiley Sad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Traveller's Suspension

Hello dannybou

You will need to contact Rogers and have them put a travel suspension on the account. The cost will not change. You will be paying the same thing u have paid for every month. There is no travels suspension cost. It's the monthly fee cost.

Best thing to do is contact Rogers and have them do it over the phone. The other option is to put a suspension on your account is to sign into My Rogers - Overview - Suspend.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply Meowmix. I just called Rogers to have information and the lady advised me that Rogers does not have Traveller's Suspension??? So now I am confused, the chat advised there was and she advises there isn't. Also, if there is absolutely no cost changes, in that I would still be required to pay my full monthly fees, what would be the advantage of having a Traveller's Suspension. Have a great day.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dannybou

that is correct. There is no travel suspension. It's called Suspend usage. You need to tell them to suspend the usage on your account until u come back. You still are required to pay every months bill tho as they still charge u for the service even tho its suspended.
I've Been Here Awhile

OK thanks again.
I've Been Around

you can suspend your service and it will cost you $20 per month instead of your usual monthly bill.

just did it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Traveller's Suspension

You would have to call and check.

I know with BELL, back in th day, you could turn the phone landline on season service.  Not sure if its available or not any more, or if rogers does do it, but worth asking.

It was a minimal charge.. like $7 a month instead of the full amount.

I've Been Around

Has this treveller's suspension program being cancelled ?