Traveller's Suspension

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Traveller's Suspension

Hi @J_C,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us for assistance with regards to the temporary suspension of your residential services. If you're planning renovations, it's ideal to put your services on hold while you won't be using them!

Existing customers with a minimum 3-month tenure can suspend their Cable services for a period of 2 to 6 months. 

You'll need to pay $5 per month per service. The rental fee for your digital terminal will be waived while your services are on hold.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

if my number is suspended, can I still use WhatsApp?

Good morning @tapper!

Welcome to our Community!

While we don't typically support WhatsApp, I do believe it will continue to work as long as you have already verified your number. If you need to re-verify for any reason however, you would not be able to receive the SMS verification.

I would recommend reaching out directly to the developer if you have any further questions about their app.

If you have any questions regarding your billing or need help with a temporary suspension, please don't hesitate to PM us @CommunityHelps! If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Around

If you use this service does that lengthen your current cellular contract?

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @Coulo1987,

At this time, wireless temporary suspension is only available for no term lines. You do have the option to pay off the FlexTab if you wish to temporarily suspend your line. You can temporarily suspend your line for a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 12.

Hope this helps.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

how much is it to suspend the line per month?and if you need to reactivate it early can you do so and get the cost prorated.
i.e. 3month suspension but return 2.5months in

Hello, @yshim.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your query in the Community; the temporary suspension fee is $30 per month per line. 

Good to know points about temporary suspension:

• Available for consumer regular accounts
  • There has to be zero balance on the account
  • The line has to be on a No Tab
  • The suspension begins on the 1st day of the billing cycle
  • The suspension fee not discounted and it's non-refundable

When you resume the service earlier than planned, the monthly subscription fee will be prorated. 

Feel free to ask away any other questions. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Just called for cell vacation suspension to find out that the cost jumped from 7.00 to 30.00 monthly. This forum still states the 7.00 price. Outrageous! Only service you get for 30.00 is 911. Which I think you don't even need a service to have access to.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LOCAPENNY : The post above yours says $30/month. You are correct about 911 - no service or SIM required.  That's why old phones can be given to Women's Shelters, etc. who then pay nothing for an emergency phone.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

30.00 per month is almost robbery.