Transfer of Responsibility

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Transfer of Responsibility

Can someone pls tell me what r the requirements to transfer wireless contract responsibility, ex. for how long the account must be active, any number of monthly bill paid etc...thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

Hello atillathehun

When calling Rogers, they should explain this to you..

- The account must be active for 30 or more days
- Your bills must be paid and you can not have any owning bills on the account. The account must be up to date and no owning money to Rogers.
- The person who is taking the contract, must have a good credit or else they may require to put down a down deposit. This amount will be told by the Rogers rep.

If you are taking over the account, you can not find out the previous owners history. You will start off fresh with the line.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello atillathehun

When calling Rogers, they should explain this to you..

- The account must be active for 30 or more days
- Your bills must be paid and you can not have any owning bills on the account. The account must be up to date and no owning money to Rogers.
- The person who is taking the contract, must have a good credit or else they may require to put down a down deposit. This amount will be told by the Rogers rep.

If you are taking over the account, you can not find out the previous owners history. You will start off fresh with the line.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks Meo

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello atilathehun

You are welcome!:)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If I have 2 lines on the same Share Everything plan and I do a Transfer of Responsibility on one of the lines, do both lines keep the same plan separately?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @imnotminh

If you have 2 lines using one account plan and want to transfer one line to someone else, they would need to either get the same plan if offered or can get any plan which is offered to current customers. The best thing to do is contact Rogers and they will explain everything to you and how the process goes. 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the quick response. The only reason my he wants my account is because it was a promotional plan a couple of years ago (double the data) which is unavailable now. If I do a Transfer of Responsibility on the entire account to him, does he keep the plan, or will he get the # and have to pick from a current plan?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @imnotminh

If you do transfer of responsibility of the whole account with both lines to anyone, the account will remain the same way it was before. All you are doing is giving the account to someone else. Rogers will Have to do a credit check on the person that wants to take over and if they are approved, all will go well. Again best thing to do before doing this, get in contact with Rogers, and have them go through everything with you on the phone before doing the transfer!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Answered both questions clearly. Very helpful, thanks meowmix!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @imnotminh

You are welcome!!! 🙂