Transfer of Responsibility

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Transfer of Responsibility

Hello I am wondering what would happen if i were to transfer responcibility of a main line on an account? 

This account is on a share everything plan and the plan is on the main line and each extra line is considereed an add on. so I am wondering if i were to transfer the main line on the account to someone else if the secondary line that would remain on the account still have the same plan? would the secondary line just become the main one. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Usually with the share everything.. the main line, has the BASE fee, then the additional line fee, is per each of the other phones? 
(Unless they have changed how its billed since my wife and i had it)

So if you transfered the main away, one of the others would take over as the main one, i beleive.

EG right now, say you have one with $90 base fee, and each of the other two, have the additional $30.
(these are just aribitray numbers for examples)

You move the one that has the base fee on it..
One of the others would take over the $90, and then only pay for one additional $30.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I have a brand new Rogers account and I would like to transfer my contract to someone else. Is it possible to do? I heard that I have to keep the service for 90 days.  I just don't want to keep the service for 3 months.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Good day Nigh7fury,

It is called a Transfer of Responsibility. The person would assume ownership of the plan and the phone number which is tied to the account. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes but that's not what I need to know. I want to know if there's a required time limit, like 30 or 90 days before I'm able to do the contract transfer

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

A transfer of responsibility is not allowed within 60 days of a new activation (Account must show one payment post activation.)

Rogers also says that a transfer of responsibility is not allowed in the following circumstances...

1. If a hardware upgrade has been completed in the last 60 days.
  2. If invoice containing equipment charge has not been paid in full."

Hope this Helps 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Night7fury

Rogers doesn't allow any contact transfers to happen within 60 days of a new activation or within 60 days of a upgrade on the account.

If you need any further assistance, contact @CommunityHelps and they will be able to assist you!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a family plan with my brother, our mom, and my brother’s girlfriend. I want to be removed from it but my number is listed as the main account holder. My brother is paying for their phones and I am moving out. Is this possible?

Highlighted

Good evening and welcome to the Community @Kuroiii,

Glad you guys have made a good use of our Share Everything plan. When you say that your line is listed as the main account holder, do you mean it's the main line on the plan with the highest monthly charge? If yes, then you can easily have the Account Holder switch it to an additional line. Once you do that and you are looking to have the line transferred over to another/new account you will be able to do so without a hitch.

Let me know if you have any other questions about thisRobot Happy!

RogersZia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Horrible experience with splitting account between 2 people

So me and my GF decided to split. And all of our Rogers services were under 1 account under my name. 5 cell phones, internet, home phone and cable.

So we decided to go to a Rogers to split up the account. Big mistake. So what the store manager did was create my GF a whole new account and move over her 3 cell phones but she could not move over the house services, internet, etc. That we had to call Rogers support.

So we get home and she calls support. After 90 minutes on the phone she discovers that the store manager should never have created a new account for her. She should have moved my 2 cell phones off the account and add her name to the account and create me a new one. The only reason I was told by the CSR on the phone that the store manager did this was for commission. 

So now my gf has a new account with her 3 cell phones but no home services. They are still under my account.  So in that same conversation the CSR said we would have to call back the following week once the balance was paid in order to move my 2 cell phones off the original account and move her's back and update the email address on the account to her email.

Fast forward to last night. This new CSR was able to move my 2 cell phones to a new account number but I would not be able to log into this account as my email was still tied to the original account. And only once my GF called in again to have her email added to this account would I be able to register my new account number.

So tonight she tries calling...almost 50 min wait. So we try the chat.  After about 45 minutes with this CSR in chat we ended up no further ahead. Her cell phones are tied to the new account that should never have created and the home services are still under the original account tied to my email. And to make matters worse I can't even track the data usage on my cell phones as I can't log into my new account yet?

I have been a rogers customer for many many years and this has to be the worst experience I have ever had with them. I am very close to just canceling both my phones and moving to aliant but I'm trying to help my ex-GF get things sorted out first. There is no excuse for this. 

So tomorrow my ex is going to call for a 3rd time to see if she can get this sorted out. 

Frustrated in Riverview!