Texting Issue after Porting In Number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Texting Issue after Porting In Number

Hi there,

I used to work for another carrier so I'm familiar with porting and possible errors and it seems my husband and I have one happening, when we text it's not going through (I've got an Android phone and he had an iPhone).

Last night it was sending my message back to myself and the same for him.

Is there a port team or a port self serve # to call to complete the port and resolve the issue? I don't like to call customer care if it's something I can easikynresolvr.

TIA

*** Edited Labels ***

Highlighted

Re: Texting Issue after Porting In Number

Hello @New2RCI,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I can imagine how concerning it is not being able to send/receive Text messages to your Husband now that your number has been ported in.

Are you able to send/receive Text messages to other numbers without issues or does it only seem to happen when you send Text messages to each other? Are you able to receive calls on your ported line? When you are making an outbound call does the correct number appear in the call display of the device you are calling?

Keep us posted and if needed we can investigate this further on our end without the need to call into Customer service.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

I have the same problem. I am receiving calls and everything else.

I am not receiving texts from anyone since porting. It's been about two weeks.

Hello @Amar2,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

May I know what device are you using? Are you able to send out text messages? If not, then may I know what error are you getting? Have you had a chance to speak to our tech support team? 

Just need a little bit more info to assist your further.

RogersZia

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation