Text from Rogers to get 12 months of unlimited Canada-wide calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Text from Rogers to get 12 months of unlimited Canada-wide calling

I got a text message from rogers today that says the following:

"Rogers msg: Reminder on an exclusie offer for you! Reply YES to this message within the next 10 days to sign up for 12months of unlimited Canada-wide calling on the Rogers network at no additional charge. It's our way of thanking you for being a loyal customer. This promotion is not transferable. Reply STOP to opt-out of Rogers text msgs. Reach us at http://roge.rs/reachus "

Is this legit? What is the catch? I already have unlimited shared Canadian long distance minutes on my Share All plan, so how would this work?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Text from Rogers to get 12 months of unlimited Canada-wide calling

This is NOT a scam...  It is a legit offer.  I was speaking with a friend that thought the same and called in to ask. 

It seems to be a offer going to selected Clients... Im pretty sure it allowing unlimited calling anywhere in canada for 2 months if you opt in.  

LUCKY YOU got selected for this offer 🙂 I'd take advantage of it Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

I have received the same text. You say it is legit. I have replied to the text that yes i would like to receive it. received an immediate text saying it was added to my account but nowhere do i see it on there. Also i am on a shared plan with my wife, will this plan also be on her phone even though she is not receiving the texts. Yes texts i have received 2 so far even though i replied to the first one.

Thanks Chris

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok Just talked to a CSR on live chat and they tell me this text is a scam.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Chrism, it could take a few days to updare the acct info, just b/c it says it will be processed immedialy dosent mean its change on your acct info directly. Also we dont know if the rep is right or not. some reps are given wrong info *accidently*.

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you are sharring a plan i would assume it would cover both... best to TALK to cx serv directly at 888-rogers.1 (1888.764.3771) They can let you know for sure... 

Also My friend texted back and took advantage of the Promo and all work out fine for her... Smiley Happy