Text Message Question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Text Message Question

How long  does a text message stay in the Rogers "mailbox" before it disappears forever   if the  phone of the intended receiver is off ?   

I realize that in most cases phones are never off other than a reboot to refresh  but  if you have it for  an emergency phone the question may apply .   

Thanks.

*Edited Labels*

Re: Text Message Question

Hello @barndoor,

Ensuring you receive your messages is important even when the phone is turned off. If the phone is turned off for too long, however, you do run the risk of missing important messages.

Text messages that go undelivered because the phone is turned off will remain on the server for up to 72 hours. Within that time it will attempt to push the message to the phone but after 72 hours the messages will be lost if it is not delivered to the phone.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

I'm a Senior Advisor

Keeping important Rogers  text messages on the server for just 72 hours before they expire is completely unacceptable. I don't live on my cellphone 24/7 like some people and may only turn it on once a week when I leave the house.  But Rogers has my email address, so why can't such notices be emailed?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

RogersTony wrote:

Hello @barndoor,

Text messages that go undelivered because the phone is turned off will remain on the server for up to 72 hours. Within that time it will attempt to push the message to the phone but after 72 hours the messages will be lost if it is not delivered to the phone.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Thank you for that  clear concise answer @RogersTony .  

Someone has mentioned  that you can ask for a receipt  for a text( though I have no idea how to go about that) ... does that mean that it would be stored longer or you would be informed at the end of the 72 hours that your message was undelivered ? 

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation