Terrible Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Terrible Customer Service

I have never been so disappointed with a company's service than I am with Rogers. The amount of time wasted on hold or being transferred to only have to explain the issue over and over and then the representative need to transfer you because they can't do anything. So I tried to cancel my account as I did't need the service, I have been a Rogers customer for over 20 years and was expecting to use them again in the future when I needed the services again. I tried to cancel online as I have had very poor success doing anything on the phone other than technical support. I have a technical support (IT) background, so I am not unable to work with CSRs over the phone. Anyway, I discovered that I was not allowed to cancel my account online because Rogers wants to be able to harass me about leaving them, not exactly how they put it, but same result. I emailed them, no response. I tried calling and had no luck and was not going to wait in the queue. So my wife took the box to the store and they said the box was ours and they called to cancel the account. Seemed reasonably easy, but unfortuately the bills kept coming. I got a call from Rogers and tried to explain the problem, he said he can't help unless I wish to make a payment. I told him I did not wish to and need to talk to someone about the problem, he said he can't help, would you like to make a payment? I said have someone call me that can help, he said sure and hung up.

I then went online and explained my displeasure of the situation, no response. Responded to the survey that was very important to Rogers as I was leaving them, but still no reply. Emailed again and again, still nothing. Got another bill and then today I get a notice that they sent the account to collections, no warning or effort to contact me. Today I called in and waited in the queue, finally got a person who was difficult to hear because of kids playing in the background and her accent, she put me on hold and then said your account is cancelled. I explained and she said hold for a second, 10 mins later I am still on hold. So for 20 mins on the phone I had a person on the other end for maybe 2 mins. The call was dropped, possibly my fault. I called back in and was on the phone for another 40 minutes to be told nothing can be done, call back after 11PM if you don't want to wait and maybe then you can have the call escalated faster and not wait an unknown amount of time for someone (manager) to bother to speak to you.

The complete lack of concern for customers is disgusting, Rogers should be ashamed of their service. No customer should be transferred around and told if they want to talk to a manager they will have to wait and then get updates every  5 mins! So I will have to wait that long for someone with a title to actually care and bother to talk to me? 

I will be doing my best to share my disgust for Rogers with anyone and everyone that will listen.

***Edited Labels***

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Good evening @HadEnough,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for providing the details, I realize this has been a challenging experience for you. Were you able to get a hold of a manager since you last posted here? I know the wait times can be testing especially due to a higher than normal call volume. Have you had a chance to reach out to us via witter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers? It's a great alternative to waiting on hold for a long time.

Additionally you may also use the Share a Concern option, we try our best to respond to concerns submitted online within 1 business day.

RogersZia

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation