Terrible Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Terrible Customer Service

And as for the FEE thing.. thats a general thing, that they seem to have to say, regarless of the call.
Pretty much, a disclaimer.

It may come across the wrong way, if you get a bad rep, like they are trying to blame you though.

But pretty much, its just a warning.. so IF it happens, its not that you were NOT told that it could happen.

But the chances of it? Not much.  Over all the years, never had a charge ever.
Pretty much, only way you would maybe... is if say there is the jack from the wall, which should go right into the modem.. and the tech gets there, and finds you put a splitter there, with 3 TVs off that splitter in the room, sort of thing.. something the USER introduced to create interfearance.

I Plan to Stick Around

If that policy has been in effect for quite some time, then its news to me. I have not once ever been told about this over the phone or in person in the past 10 or so years that I have been with Rogers. Even then, the person who I was initially on the phone with clearly is lacking in social skills as he comes off as completely rude and obnoxious. I highly doubt he was trying to be rude, but thats what it sounded like, call me what you want, maybe its just me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh, i have had my fair share of RUDE (or at least seeming that way) ones as well Smiley Happy
(though had some really good ones too).

But yeah, about every visit i have had in the last.. 2 years? Has had that promt from the person on the phone.

(2x with issues with the router used for the rogers security system, once to upgrade the pad for the secuirity system, and one to put the CGN3 in place).
I really dont worry about it.. since i KNOW that there is nothing chargable that they would be there for.  All the splitters, etc is all theirs.. only stuff i introduce is AFTERWARDS on the network, after the modem, etc.. which doesnt matter.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in the process now of pulling the plug on all four of my Rogers "Services"  Mobile Data, Home Internet, Cable TV and finally mobile phone.  I can't begin to tell you how much time I've wasted with Rogers and the SureTap Prepaid MasterCard.  They've got my money...I have no useable card and nobody there knows anything about it.  I have since filed a complaint with my credit card co and will among other things dispute the charge.  This is what happens when there is virtually no competition.

It's clear that nobody at Rogers reads any of these complaints and it's nothing more than an outlet.

Good by Rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

no competition - seriously? I think you do have plenty of choices... expectations is the key here - it's impossible to have 0 issues and I've seen so many Rogers/and other brands customers frustrated over minor details...my advice is - stop worrying over a couple of $ or a slightly slower internet connection or a TV guide that misses a program occasionally... accept things the way they are Smiley Wink you'll live longer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Remember people are quick to Vent there fusterationsSmiley Mad... Not to often do people come to these boards to say how happy they are. Smiley Happy

Every company has unhappy clients but they have to have a lot more happy ones to stay in business. 

I do have to say for the amount of posts vs the amount of clients at rogers.  I'd say rogers is doing pretty good.. Every company has areas to improve. 

I've Been Around

I have been on the phone so many times with rogers and their so called good customer service and every time it has been a waste of time and money for for... They put you on hold, switch you to another supervisor, then another manager, and so on.. Such a disgrace for such a massive corporation.  I'm going with Telus Mobility, atleast they're straight with their feedback and no runarounds!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dino4rdc

I would suggest researching before switching. I know the reason why as all carriers have customer service representatives that do exactly what you posted that Rogers reps did to u. I know this as i used to have a Telus and Bell account and seen it and also read around about others posting things.
I Plan to Stick Around

@dino4rdc - you and some of the other frustrated subscribers need to realize that customer service at all Canadian telcos is about the same... just to give you an impression Smiley Happy go to their forum and review the issues users post
I've Been Around

Worst customer service in the country, completly incompetent with people skills and truly the worst problem solvers.  Advice to anyone in Edmonton, use another location!!!