Temporary Vacation/Travel Suspensions?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Temporary Vacation/Travel Suspensions?

@pb60 : 1. The rules are outlined in the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Re-Vacation-suspension-of-Internet-TV-service/...

You can suspend your services twice in a 12 month period for a total of 6 months.

2. You can edit your posts by clicking the "gear" at the top right of your post.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, I understand the rules, could a Rogers representative confirm the scenario I outlined fits within these rules?

Highlighted

Good afternoon @pb60,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thanks for your posts. 🙂 

You can technically suspend your services twice in a 12-month period for a total of 180 days (~6 months). If your second departure start date is within 12 months of the first suspension start date, then the combined days of both suspensions must be 180 days or less. However, keep in mind that this means the start and return dates of both suspensions need to be within the 12 months period.

We'll be able to suspend your services again as of June 17, 2020, due to system limitations. I'm sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Looking for clarification/verification on vacation suspension regarding the 180 days.

If I start suspension on July 1 - Oct 15/20 that would be 107 days.

Then suspend from May 1-June 30/21 (61 days) which takes me to the end of the 12 month period, and I meet the 60 day minimum period.

Can the new 12 month period start right away July 1/21 - Oct 15/21 and continue doing this?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Based on the link in post 41 and what's been said in post 43, that looks OK. However, I don't think I'd cut it that finely with no days between suspensions.  Probably best to leave a few days and also get this confirmed by someone at Rogers.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you, I verified today and have the transcript to confirm that it will be okay. The only thing I forgot to ask was whether or not the shows I have saved on the PVR would still be there after vacation suspension or if they would be erased. LOL

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@poohbear691 : If you're on digital cable, then the recorded programmes should still be on the hard drive of the PVR.  If you're on IgniteTV, the recorded programming should be available for a year from the initial recording.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wonderful! TY for taking the time to reply 🙂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

One more question. Do you know if scheduled recordings still continue while on vacation suspension? I wouldn't think they would record, but thought I'd check.
Highlighted

Hello @poohbear691,

Thanks for your post! This is a really great question and one that I don't think we've received before! 👍

When it comes to the temporary suspension for cable TV and Ignite TV services, I can confirm that your TV channels won’t be accessible. Since your channels will not be functional, any PVR/cloud recordings that you have preset will not record while on the temporary suspension.

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura