Temporary Vacation/Travel Suspensions?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Temporary Vacation/Travel Suspensions?

Hello @Rodney3,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post. Robot Happy!

This is surely the most popular time of the year for seasonal suspensions. Existing customers with a residential account and a minimum 3-month tenure can suspend their Cable services for a period of 2 to 6 months (60 to 180 days) for a nominal fee.

To place your account on temporary suspension or to learn more about the eligibility requirements please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelpsTo learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here. 

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersMaude,

Well, it's happened again. 

• Asked for a temporary suspension (Two lines; mine and my wife's)
  • Asked for six months; was told three months was the max
  • Advised agent I had previously had four months, so clearly three months was not the max
  • Agent put me on hold for several minutes
  • Agent came back and advised that I could have four months
  • Asked agent to confirm that this was a true suspension, and that I would not be billed for both the suspension AND my regular charges, as happened in the past
  • Agent confirmed this would not happen
  • Got my next bill, and voila - double billed.  Again. (Seriously, do you guys do this on purpose?)
  • Not only that, but suspension started almost a month late, with the result that I was billed for 30 days instead of 8 days.  At this point, I calculate Rogers owes me $165.01
  • Please arrange for someone to contact me to correct this.  I tried phoning, but got nobody after 23 minutes on hold; and "live chat" is even more excruciating, it is so slow to do.

That's all the bad news.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SenojYnot :  You will need to contact community helps per post 16 of this thread. They will not contact you, unless you have recently been in touch with them, which is unlikely since you would already probably be communicating by PM.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

@SenojYnot :  You will need to contact community helps per post 16 of this thread. They will not contact you, unless you have recently been in touch with them, which is unlikely since you would already probably be communicating by PM.

@SenojYnot Once you communicate with @CommunityHelps we loose sight of your problem and their explanations/policies. I am looking through these threads to see if I can suspend my internet package for about one month. From what I have read so far, being charged $5.00  to save $40.00 isn't worth the significant hassle with Rogers. It sounds ridiculous to pay for "no service" in my humble opinion.   Hopefully you can let us know what eventually happened to you.   I would like to forgo the rigors of Rogers pain sticks  ritual myself. Smiley Wink 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:

It sounds ridiculous to pay for "no service" in my humble opinion.   

Many corporations, like the gas company, have a "customer charge" ($20/mo on my gas bill), even when you're not using their services.  If you wish to suspend service, there is a small cost to the corporation to maintain your account "open", including the costs of talking to the CSRs to suspend/re-open the account and perhaps reinstate (reactivate) STBs, modems, etc.

That charge may vary depending on what services you're suspending, hence the use of "PM" since it would be specific to a customer and not applied in the same way to each customer.  If there were only TV/Internet, then I would agree, it should be possible to post that amount, which was posted in post 2 of this thread?  I'm guessing most people do not suspend home phone/cell phone?

It is possible to have zero charge by cancelling your account and restarting fresh, however, that may not be the most economical route either, depending on the amount of time away, current discounts, etc.

I've Been Around

I have called Rogers this morning to suspend my Ethernet service for 4 months starting on Nov, 30 th 2018 and ending on March 31st 2019.

I was told It was impossible to this, even though I have been doing this since the year of 2000.

My last request for a suspension was done in Oct 2017 for the period of Dec.1st 2017 to March 31st 2018 without any problems. 

Why was I denied the same suspension service this year,  when I requested on Oct 30th 2018 to suspend my service from Nov.30th 2018 to April 1st 2019. 

I was told they could only do 60 day suspension from Nov 29, 2018 to January 31, 2019 and to call back in January 2019 to suspend the service for February nd March. 

Can someone explain why? I can't understand how the rules are applied.

Hello @akadede!

Thanks for being a part of the Community and congratulations on your very first post!! 😀

I love to travel! It's certainly nice to get away sometimes! Smiley Happy Based on the travel dates you have outlined in your post, you should be eligible for the Cable temporary suspension option on your account for your upcoming trip. At the very least, we may just have to push your start date to December 1st so it doesn't fall within the same 12 month period as your previous suspension. Here is a bit of information on how our Cable temporary suspension works:

Existing customers with a residential account and a minimum 3 month tenure can suspend their Cable services for various reasons (including travel) for a period of 2 to 6 months (60 to 180 days). Customers need to pay $5 per month (plus taxes) for each suspended service. Customers can suspend their services twice every 12 months as long as it does not exceed 6 months in total. 

There are a few other pieces of criteria that need to be met as well which we can check for you. In order for us to further assist with your Cable temporary suspension request, please send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

We hope to hear from you soon! 

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

How do I go about putting a hold on my TV Internet and Home Phone while we are in Florida....

Do I go to a Rogers outlet (they only know about cell phones) or can I do it on line or who can I call.

Need a Phone number to call!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

The definition of snowbirds is not understood by Rogers "Back End" programmers.   We have been going for many years to Florida for about 5 to 5.5 months and putting our Internet and TV on hold.  A couple years ago instead of leaving about 1 November we left 16 Nov.  Ever since then it is now impossible to leave before 21 Nov.  The reason is apparently the back office program.  Somehow it thinks I spent more than 6 months away in a 12 month period.  This is totally incorrect.   I taught programming in my younger days and certainly would FAIL the programmers who designed an utterly useless program.  So I am bogged down everytime to talk to someone who then refers to customer service who then adjust the billing etc.  A pain to say the least.  Someone at Rogers with the ability to change the program should do something.    John

I've Been Here Awhile

This sounds familiar!  For the last three years, I have paid for a seasonal suspension and been billed for my regular service!  Huh?

It seems as if they are quite happy to go on doing this, on the premise that many people are too busy to notice or too tired to argue.  (I'm neither.)  But it may be a programming error that Rogers is too careless to correct.

Anyway, I have recently tried seasonal suspension again, and am waiting to see what fun surprises my next few bills bring me.  Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll have got it right this time.