Tax Exemption/Exempt

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Tax Exemption/Exempt

How do you get the tax exempt for Rogers? is there a form someone can point me to?

***EDITED LABELS***

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: Tax Exemption/Exempt

Hello @Jand89,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for posting your query.

In order to determine eligibility, we would need to verify some info. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersCilio

I've Been Here Awhile

You do not make the process as easy as it should be. Could you please leave a list of info needed here as well as whom to address the fax to if faxing info please and thanks. example-

@RogersCilio wrote:

Hello @Jand89,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for posting your query.

In order to determine eligibility, we would need to verify some info. Please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps next time you're online.

Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersCilio

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hi @chadkuiper,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 

I can appreciate how arduous dealing with taxes can be. Just a couple points to mention:

• All eligible numbers in your account will get the same tax exemption.
  • Once we receive supporting documentation, the exemption and adjustments will start on the following bill. We can’t backdate these changes to previous bills.

If you’re eligible for a tax exemption, you can mail or fax your request to:

Fax: 1-888-290-3436

Mailing address:
100 Westmorland St
Moncton, NB E1C 0G1

Your request must contain the following information:

• Your name
  • Account number(s)
  • List of subscribers to be exempted
  • Contact phone number
  • Supporting documents, if applicable

Note: Your request cannot be processed by phone or live chat.

Application of tax exemption

After the tax exemption is approved, it is applied at the account level. All subscriptions on the account will receive the same exemption.

Note: If your account has multiple phone lines and only one subscriber qualifies for the tax exemption, the eligible phone line will be moved to a new account.

Effective date for tax exemption

The tax exemption takes effect after we receive the supporting documentation and approve the request. The tax exemption cannot be applied to previous invoices.

For any other inquiries you can also reach out to RogersAccountTaxExemption@rci.rogers.com

Hope this helps. Have a good weekend!

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I have tried to fax this off four times between 6AM and 12PM and there is a constant busy signal and have been unsuccessful. How do I get around this without mailing the form?
Rogers makes it difficult to facilitate something I am entitled to.

Thanks.

Greetings @chrisuz91!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with the Rogers Community so we can help!

I haven't heard of there being an issue when trying to fax documents to our Back Office Team, how odd! Let's review the Tax Exemption process to be sure you have all of the correct details on hand.

First Nations citizens who reside on a reserve in Ontario are eligible to receive a tax exemption for HST (8%) and it can be applied once proper documentation is received. Documentation can only be mailed or faxed into us as follows:

By Fax: 1-800-219-6473

By Mail: 100 Westmorland St, Moncton, NB E1C 0G1

Here is a list of the documentation that is required:

• Customer’s name.
• Account number(s).
• List of subscribers to be exempted.
• Contact phone number.

If the documentation is not sufficient, a letter will be mailed to the customer to let them know the request was not processed.

**Please note: The tax exemption takes effect on the date the Back Office Team receives the supporting documentation and not the date the request was made.

@chrisuz91, can you kindly clarify if the fax number indicated above is the one you've been using to fax your information to?

Thank you,
RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Laura,

Thanks for providing the new fax number in your post. It was successfully sent!