cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet Scam

BarrieMax
I've been here awhile

My Wife Called Rogers because our monthly Bills are $500 month, and we need to find a way to cut costs during tough economic times.  She was scammed into taking a new Contract for a tablet that she doesn't even want, and the person said it was part of a package.  She insisted that she didnt want the tablet and to have the cost of the tablet refunded to her account instead.  Rogers wouldnt do that.  We have been a Rogers Customer that pays incredibly high bills every month for 20+ Years.  You are losing not only your reputation as I will continue to post, but you are losing a lifetime customer over a cheap tablet that you are pushing on families that are looking to cut costs during a pandemic.  You should be ashamed of yourselves with these unethical business practices.  Rogers cannot be trusted.

**Labels Added**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Tablet Scam

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

can you explain HOW you got scammed into a new contract? You would have received a contract in your email about any changes 

BarrieMax
I've been here awhile

Thats how it was discovered...  in the email that was sent to me enrolling me in a new 2 year contract that we do not want with fine print with a $45 new activation fee about 48% Annual Interest Rate Charges!!!!  Can you believe it...48%!!!  SCAM!  Beware.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

you got a tablet, did you think it was free? I don't get it

Greetings @BarrieMax,

Thank you for sharing your experience here in the community. We definitely appreciate your 20+ years of business and are sorry to hear of your disappointment. 😔

When it comes to new device activations, we do offer a buyers remorse period in which you can try the device out and return it within 15 days of the purchase date. Some exceptions may apply depending on the circumstance, for example, if the device was purchased through certain third party locations (please reach out directly to the location of purchase to confirm). Please note: To be eligible for a refund, customers must return purchased equipment in "like new" condition, including all original parts, components and packaging. In addition, they must remove all device passwords and account locks, where applicable. Proof of purchase is required.

May I ask, what is the reason why you were unable to return the device to have it cancelled? Were you already outside of the buyers remorse period? 

We look forward to your reply! 🙂

RogersLaura

zwamom
I've been around

I am in a horrible boat.  I ordered a new phone for my son and a man came two hours later from Rogers to deliver it.  Came back to my door and told me I get a FREE tablet.   Told me that any charges would be shown on the bill and then credited.   I got my bill and it is insane.  This is a TABLET that I DONATED over the holidays to a foster child who is in need after months of abuse.  I am so incredibly angry right now and of course Rogers chat with no efficiency whatsoever.  WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!  I have four ipads in my home, I work for a tech company.  Why an earth would I want a random no name tablet?!?!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

what was insane about your bill did they screw up? please elabourate?  if u didn't want the tablet, why  didn't you simply say "no?"

CML2K0
I've been around
The same thing happened to me. As a Rogers customer for 15 years I will not be renewing.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation