cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Rogers Has Been A Nightmare

tvnkg
I've been here awhile
I've recently switched from Freedom to Rogers and so far my experience has been an absolute nightmare... Here's a list of all my unresolved issues that I need fixes for:

1. I'm on a 5G Infinite plan, but I'm not even getting 5G data anywhere I go. I'm using a 5G-enabled device (Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G). I live in Brampton.

2. Most of the time I'm getting 2-3 bars of network signal, even when I'm outside of my home.

3. I'm not receiving text messages with pin codes from some vendors including Uber and PayBright. I can receive other text messages just fine.

4. I signed up for Rogers through an authorized dealer (Red Wireless), and they signed me up for the wrong phone plan. I ordered a 50GB 5G $40/mo plan yet they signed me up for a phone plan that only includes 45GB at $50/mo after discounts. I called them and they acknowledged the mixup and gave me a 5-10 business day estimate to fix it...
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Switching to Rogers Has Been A Nightmare

RogersTony

Hello, @tvnkg

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're sad to hear about all of the issues you've described since switching your service to Rogers. We certainly want to assist you in getting things working properly. We'll need a few more details before we can determine how to resolve this.

• Are you using a Rogers device or are you using the device you had when you were using Freedom?
  • Can you ensure that your APN settings match what is showing here?
  • Are you only experiencing issues with the verifications texts from those two vendors? Do other verifications texts come through fine?

The billing issues should be resolved by the time your receive your next invoice. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

tvnkg
I've been here awhile
I'm using the same phone as when I was with Freedom. I purchased this phone directly from Samsung as an unlocked device.

I have matched the APN settings, however, still no 5G data in the GTA with 2-3 signal bars consistently.

The pin texts appears to be resolved now and can receive them as normal. I didn't do anything to fix this (other than calling Rogers customer service and reporting the issue).

Good day @tvnkg,

Thank you for your reply! We're glad to know the text messages issues is resolved and that it did not require any action on your part.

At the time of your call, do you know if the agent created a ticket for investigation when you spoke with our customer support to report the issue?

Let us know if you still require assistance!

RogersMaude

tvnkg
I've been here awhile
Hi, I'm not sure if they created a case number at the time of the call.

The only issues that remains now are that I'm not getting 5G data and weak signals and speeds.

As I'm sitting in my house in Brampton (ground level) I'm getting 2 out of 4 bars of signal on the 4G network. My download speeds caps out at 54mb~ and my upload speeds caps out at 3mb~. This is unacceptable. I had 4 bars of signal on Freedom Mobile before I switched and Rogers should be better...

Could there be an issue with the sim card I received?

Thank you for your reply @tvnkg!

Have you gone through any troubleshooting steps since noticing this issue? I would recommend you to click here to start the process, if you have not yet done so.

The SIM card you received from Red Wireless should be 5G compatible. You may want to verify if you still experience problems with your particular SIM card in another device, for example.

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation