Switching to Infinite means Downgrade fees??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Switching to Infinite means Downgrade fees??

Has anyone else experienced this? I have 3 share everything lines. 2 of them are coming up for upgrades. I went to the store to price out switching to Infinite. I was told I would be charged a $400 approx down grade fee on my third line for the device balance. I just added this line a year ago! Can I not just roll that into my new plan? Im willing to spend more money on 3 lines per month on top of buying 2 new phones. Can something not be done with this to help people switch??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Switching to Infinite means Downgrade fees??

Wonder if it might be a bit of a miss communication of what the actual fee is?

With the phones for the last.. has to be a good 5 years?  When you get a new phone upgrade, it may be at 0$ it may be at 99$, etc.  This doesnt mean the phone is 0$.. this means that the $800 phone, they are giving you for 0 upfront, essentially giving you an $800 loan.   In the cost of your plan, your paying $800 / 24 months = 33.33 back to that loan.
So the one phone, which is only a year old.. probably has half of its device balance left.. coming to $400 odd??

Now, to switch to the infinite plan, AS IS (the $75, the $95, etc), that is at that price, a NO DEVICE SUBSIDY price.  So you would have to pay the remaining device balance to get the plan as is.

You can switch over to the equivalent plans, that do contain a device subsidy.   They just cost more, as your paying that device subsidy back / month.  The amount may vary, based on what type of subsidy your currently running (there are different levels).
For my wife, it was a horizontal move for us.. She was on a 7g (4+bonus or something like that) plan and always coming close.. horizontal move price wise moved us to a 20g+  but thats at over $100/m due to paying the subsidy, not the list price.

Now the NEW ones, new renewals.. should go under the edge financing I believe.  where its not different levels of plan, etc.  Plan price is plan price.. and then hardware price / 24 months tacked ontop.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation