Switching from Ignite back to Cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackfrancis
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Switching from Ignite back to Cable

@-G- wrote:

@jackfrancis wrote:

@-G-OK then. Upon checking my e-mail, I've learned the following:

Added:
Ignite TV Premier + 500 Ultd <-- I can't find the per month price of this on Rogers' site. G, do you know how much this is?
Description:
Ignite TV Premier

(124 channels, 84 Flex channels)

Removed:
Ignite TV Starter + 500 Ultd <-- This cost 129.99 per month + setup.
Description:
Ignite TV Starter

(36 channels, no Flex channels)

You can find that information here: https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/get-iptv

The list price for "Ignite TV Premier + 500 Ultd" is currently $194.99 + tax per month.

The big question is, are you subscribing to a higher-tier service than what you need?  If you don't have a large household, 150 Mbps Unlimited Internet should be ample.  The Ignite Flex 20+ TV package may also give you all of the TV channels that you need for substantially less money.  I would also try sending a Private Message to the @CommunityHelps  team to see if there are any additional credits that they can apply.  Even if there are no promotions in effect in your area, they may be able to waive your setup fees.

G, I wrote you a detailed thank you and info response which was lost when I failed to notice that this forum had apparently timed-out before I clicked the post button. I will take your advice to heart to the extent that I can.

Thanks again.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm beginning to think that when we are forced to switch to Ingnite our TV days could be over. It's far to complicated for aged non techies and in our household, with three viewers with three different tastes in programs, likely far too expensive for fixed income users.

Hopefully the need to switch will be in the distant future.   In any case I wish you luck and hope your roommate will soon be enjoying his favorite shows.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jays77 wrote:

I'm beginning to think that when we are forced to switch to Ingnite our TV days could be over.

I cancelled digital cable and switched to IPTV when my ISP installed fibre in my area, bundling all my services (Internet, home phone, TV) in one basket, just not with Rogers. I have a smart TV, so I can watch many things through the various apps without even using my TV service.  Except for live news and sports, the "TV" we grew up with is becoming more and more irrelevant.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
jackfrancis
I Plan to Stick Around

@jays77 wrote:

I'm beginning to think that when we are forced to switch to Ingnite our TV days could be over. It's far to complicated for aged non techies and in our household, with three viewers with three different tastes in programs, likely far too expensive for fixed income users.

Hopefully the need to switch will be in the distant future.   In any case I wish you luck and hope your roommate will soon be enjoying his favorite shows.

Jay, Rogers offers a range of Ignite TV options which should fit many a budget after a bit of analysis and selection of what's on offer.

For those on strict budgets yet who have computer savvy individuals in their lives, the combination of Ignite TV Starter + 150 Ultd (IIRC it's Rogers' cheapest Internet connection sporting no monthly data cap) and Linux Mint 20.1 (it's what I prefer over Windows 10) offers the following:

December 6, 2020
Watch Live TV on Linux With Hypnotix: New IPTV App from Mint
https://itsfoss.com/hypnotix-iptv-app/

Hypnotix - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hypnotix

No, Hypnotix doesn't offer the same selection of IPTV channels that one will find in a Rogers Ignite TV package nor does work via the one-handed familiarity of a remote control.

But since Ignite TV Starter + 150 Ultd (or greater) results in an Internet connection with no monthly data cap, and given that Linux Mint 20.1 Cinnamon will run well on a 5 to 8-year-old PC with 8 GB of RAM or more (one of my machines running LM 20.1 Cinnamon is a 2010-era Acer AX3950-EB10P with a 1st Gen i3 540 and 8GB of RAM), it's worth exploring as an option.

My room mate is now pleased with the range of programming options available to him. I'll try to get his Ignite remote control to fully integrate with his RCA TV on Sunday since we have a Rogers tech dropping by on Mon. morning for other reasons anyway.

Alex4161
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I currently have Ignite TV and Internet and will be canceling it.  I can't seem to find any info about Rogers Digital Cable as I already have Internet service.

Where do I see what the prices are, channel tiers and the cost for hardware?  I am in Toronto.  Thanks

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alex4161 wrote:

I currently have Ignite TV and Internet and will be canceling it.  I can't seem to find any info about Rogers Digital Cable as I already have Internet service.

Where do I see what the prices are, channel tiers and the cost for hardware?  I am in Toronto.  Thanks

As far as I know, Rogers is not allowing any customers to sign up for Digital TV anymore, with the exception of those just wanting the "skinny basic" Starter package.  For information on that, go to https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/get-iptv , then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Details button next to, "Just want the basics?"