Suretap won't let me register

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Suretap won’t let me register

I installed an update yesterday for Suretap and I received an error message "sim card not detected"  I've used the app and the card several times already...After a brief call to CS the rep suggested to UNINSTALL and REINSTALL the app...To my absolute surprise...IT WORKED!!! And best of all...MY MONEY WAS STILL THERE!!!

I am impressed with this REP who took the time to address (not solve) the other issues I was experiencing with SURETAP...Wish ALL reps to have this type of knowledge!!!

Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @jdr004 ,

I am happy to hear the customer service agent was able to resolve your Suretap issue. Smiley Happy

I was initially disheartened after reading your previous comment, thinking that maybe your remaining $50 balance was lost. I am glad that that is not the case.

I thank you for posting this fix and resolve. Sometimes it is the simple fix that resolves the most frustrating situation.

Cheers!

I'm Here A Lot

I too had been extremely frustrated by the Suretap app, been trying to register for a few months now and nothing I've been told to try has worked. I called in again today and spoke to the Suretap department and was informed that for some reason the "wallet flag" was not set on my account. The rep informed me that this wasn't my fault and that it had been happening to a few other people as well. Also, the new app no longer accepted my pin code. Customer support sent me another pin code to try and that didn't work either.

They have escalated the issue to the correct department and I was told I would be sent an email within a couple of weeks once the issue has been resolved. They are also still honoring the $100 promotion since I've been trying to register unsucessfully. Anyway, they were very helpful so if anyone is still experiencing issues please call in and ask for the suretap department.

Cheers

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Suretap won't let me register

DON'T DEAL WITH ROGERS!  THEY CONTINUALLY LIE TO ME!

ROGERS SAMSUNG S5 PHONE BOUGHT DEC 24TH 2014, TOLD I WOULD GET $100 TO SPEND ON MY suretap wallet app.

ISSUES WITH suretap (OR WON'T-TAP AS I LIKE TO CALL IT) SINCE DECEMBER 26TH, 2014 

I HAVE MY WALLET REGISTERED, THE CARD SAYS JOHN DOE (AM I DEAD?)

I HAVE MY $100 FINALLY PLACED ON MY CARD, AND ROGERS IS TAKING THEIR 2.50$ PER MONTH FEE.  CURRENT BALANCE 97.50$

BUT, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT ISSUE, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROGERS "LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT" CANNOT AND WILL NOT FIX IT

EVERY TIME I CALL THEM TO GET SERVICE, BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEY WILL NEVER CALL YOU (ONLY TO COLLECT ON THEIR BILL), ........THEY KEEP TELLING ME ANOTHER COUPLE OF WEEKS......LMAO!!

THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE, BEYOND POOR SERVICE!

THE LAST TIME I CALLED WAS AROUND APRIL 20TH 2015.  THEY CONFIDENTLY TOLD ME (AGAIN) THAT MY WON'T-TAP WILL BE FIXED BY MAY 5TH.  WELL ITS MAY 8TH AND I CALLED THEM TODAY, OH YEAH HE SAYS, THERE IS A NOTE ON YOUR FILE FROM MAY 4TH SAYING THAT WE WILL HAVE IT FIXED BY MAY 18TH.  

NO EMAIL FROM THEM TELLING ME THAT.   NO CALL TO TELL ME THERE WILL BE ANOTHER DELAY.  NO REAL SERVICE AT ALL.  I HAVE TO CALL THEM TO GET ANY INFORMATION FROM THEM.

TRAPPED IN A ROGERS CONTRACT THAT WAS SOLD TO US BASED ON LIES ABOUT THEIR CREDIT CARD APP.  sUrEtAp DOESN'T WORK THAT THEY KNEW IT!

I'm Here A Lot

GEE THAT'S ALMOST 5 MONTH'S TRYING TO GET AN IT COMPANY TO FIX AN IT PROBLEM!

Good day @FrankNature,

I totally understand the inconveniences of not being able to use your suretap wallet.

With the details you have provided us, I also understand how frustrating this must be. :smileyembarrassed:

We definitely want to look into this further, in order to verify what could be done on our end regarding the issue.

I'll have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you via Private Message, so we can assist with this.

Look out for the message in your inbox !

Regards,

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Help! 

No matter what  I do, I can't get my Suretap wallet to register. I keep receiving the message ' Your Suretap Wallet has failed to register' when trying to set it up. I have gone into the Rogers service centre here in Vancouver, but no one knows anything about Suretap. I have tried 3 new sims (all NFC enabled), in the hopes that might make a difference but no luck. I have called into the Rogers/Suretap support line 3 times, and each time they take my name and number and say they will escalate and get back to me. So far it has been 35 days without a response from the team. 

Any ideas? The product is broken and (Suretap) support couldn't seem to care less about helping me.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Welcome the Community @GoldenBoi

Sorry to hear about the issues in regards to getting your SureTap working. As this stage as you have been in contact with the SureTap department I am going to assume you have followed the troubleshooting such as reinstalling the application and trying a new sim card.

Unfortunately if the troubleshooting has not resolved the issue, we would need the SureTap department to esclate the issue and by the looks of it this has already been done.

Hopefully the issue is resolved soon.Smiley Sad

RogersAsif