Suretap won't let me register

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Suretap won’t let me register

I'm trying to get the Suretap app to work but it won't let me get past this screen: http://imgur.com/hqR0nrT

Please help soon, the promo is ending in 2 days

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello duketrf

Have you tried turning off WiFi, turning on NFC and reinstalling the app to see if that works?

I've Been Around

Re: Suretap won't let me register

Installed the surr tap and registered it, the registration failed and then called rogers sure tap and I was put on que for waiting to fix the issue. I recieved an email about the sure tap on my 2nd phone line which is an Lg G3 regarding my suretap and that it had been fixed.

There were instructions to uninstall and register and i did this but the sure tap still failed.

I've Been Around

I bought a new phone in december and got told i had to buy a suretap simcard instead of using my simcard out of my old phone, and that i would recieve a $100 prepaid mastercard. I have been trying to register it for the past month now, ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and yes ive had the wifi off, data on and nfc on. None of that has worked. I called in last week and got told i have to wait for them to email me. This is stupid, rogers shouldnt make promises about recieving a free prepaid master card for downloading suretap when their having so many problems with this app. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello w0098979

Yeah i notice they told alot of users to do that but it doesn't seem to fix it. I am still having issues on mine and still waiting for a reply.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Brittanyp

If u called the Suretap team and they left a note on ur account, they will give u the $100 prepaid Mastercard. They will see when u activated the sim card and the date u called in.
I've Been Around

Hi,

I bought my Note 4 in Jan. 2015 and got $100 in my SureTap account, but now when I tried to connect through my Data plan, it says "No Network Connection". I appreciate if you help me. Thx.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Since Dec 26th 2014 Rogers has not been able to fix my won't tap program. They cannot even give me a time frame.

See my comments. This is a joke and the only people laughing is Rogers because they keep selling this but they know it doesn't work!!

Looking for a stock tip? Short Sell Rogers Stock now before it goes to 0$

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community!

Please Note: the suretap wallet will undergo a server upgrade at 11:59PM ET March 27, 2015 until 12:00PM (noon) March 29, 2015.

Customers will be able to use all existing cards for payment but will be unable to purchase new gift cards, apply for payment cards and update balance information. Once the upgrade is complete, you must be on the latest version of the suretap wallet for it to function properly.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Let us know if you have any questions!

RogersAsif

I Plan to Stick Around

I accidentally liked RogersDarrell's post on suretap. I finally got my suretap device working (sort of) I got the $100 card after waiting a while... Managed to get it working after a few attempts... Had $50 left... UNTIL TODAY'S UPDATE! This lovely app now says my sim card isn't detected and that's it! Awesome! Go to pay for something and BAMMO! Sorry about your luck! I've apparently already been sent to the "back office" whatever that means because the Rep couldn't add my ACTUAL Rogers first rewards card to my wallet. I was actually told BY THE SURETAP REP that suretap only supported the Rogers pre paid Mastercard. I told her that simply wasn't true as you can add gift cards and also the Rogers first rewards card was clearly listed under the add cards option. She asked me to ensure that I was in fact using suretap and not a 3rd party type app! Are you kidding me? Rogers Bank Mastercard sent me to that Rep who hasn't a clue what they are doing! So yeah... Great job again Rogers... Good try... But FAIL! Please spend some extra money in training your department specific reps! 

***Edited labels***