Suretap won't let me register

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Suretap won't let me register

I just picked up my Samsung Galaxy S5 earlier today and was excited to try the suretap app.  I tried to register for the function, but due to my ethnic surname which has less than three characters, suretap will not allow me to register.  I suppose will never get the chance to use this app until Rogers fixes this problem which is a pity.  

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersNicolas
Retired Moderator

Re: Suretap won't let me register

Hi, I'm checking with our product team. In the meantime, can you PM me your phone number? Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I just picked up my S5 and had the problem of it saying my device is not yet on the list for Suretap.  What do I do?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Novanorm

Mine and others did this in the start when setting it up with the S5. You need a SureTap sim card. If u do have it, turn off the phone and turn it back on.. Turn off WiFi as well. Keep doing it until it accepts it. It took me 5 tries and worked.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey meowmix

I got myohine minday eve, and have been trying to activate my suretap. I finally called rogerstech on wed eve. Theysaid about 40% of people trying to register,  are having no luck. Rogers isnt quite sure as off now what the issue is. So im unsure when ill get to try mine. 

Mine said device wasnt allowed, then network error, then I wasnt authorized. Everytime. Hopefully they fix it soon

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks meowmix, it worked.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Novanorm

Glad it works! You are welcome!
I've Been Here Awhile

I want to state ppl having problems with suretap, with the constant state of "Registartion in process, a message will be sent when the process is complete"  i struggled for three days to figure out how to complete the process.  Finally I was fed up and unistalled the app to basic form and then reinstalled the suretap app; the registration process completed fairly quickly. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Uninstall the update and then reinstall the update. It worked for me
I've Been Here Awhile

Suretap app btw