Support experience - PLEASE turn the volume down on telephone support hold music

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Support experience - PLEASE turn the volume down on telephone support hold music

I'm on hold on the telephone for support - for quite a long time - and the music is annoyingly loud.  That's tolerable if I'm on hold for 2 minutes, but my wait time is forecasted to be 36-54 minutes.  I am trying to get some work done in the interim.  I realize there needs to be some low-level music on hold or whatever so I know the call is still active, but this is SO loud I have to put the phone in a drawer.  

*Edited Labels*

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Support experience - PLEASE turn the volume down on telephone support hold music

Hello @jdrusnell

Weird i don't find it loud at all. I usually just put it on speaker and low volume and barely hear it. I always have to raise the volume to hear them or the music.

Have you tried turning down the volume on your phone?.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Support experience - PLEASE turn the volume down on telephone support hold music

It's much louder than the opening bot chat and the ensuing conversation with the real person.  It's like they make it louder on purpose, rather than softer (which it should be).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jdrusnell

While yes the automated voice is low, the music is broadcasted via a system so the music may be a bit louder. Not as bad though.

They can't really do much unless many complain about it and they test it out before hand. I have only seen u a maybe 2 others within the past couple of years complain about this on here and Facebook.

I would suggest just putting it on speaker on the lowest volume and if it's loud, cover it up with a tissue or something. That's all that can be done. They can take suggestions but won't act on the unless many complain about it and it's a actual issue.
I'm Here A Lot

really?!! I find it extremely uncomfortable and bad choice of music, as if somebody got up that morning and made the call with their own taste of music.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tricci

Rogers a couple years ago changed the music due to many complaining that the music was awful and overbearing. Bell has the music Rogers had before and Telus now has the music that Rogers has. The only company I know had a choice of music u can pick is Apple when calling them.

Now it may change but not for a while unless the heads up on the office make that decision and see it fit. That's how most companies are. Calling Logitech is worse I find lol.
I've Been Around

AGREED! Please turn down the volume when on hold or at least have more sequence of songs so I don't have to listen to the same annoying song 10x. It's incredibly loud and with the quality of audio it sounds painful (like nails on a chalkboard). I have it on speaker at the lowest volume so that suggestion won't work (I even put a pillow over it). When you are on hold for 30mins plus this is infuriating and your reps will be met with someone who is annoyed. 

Better yet, can there be an option for no music and just have the lady say, "thanks for holding.."?

I'm Here A Lot

Considering I wrote the reply last February 2017 !!!!!!!!

In replying to the last comment; I don't really care who had what music service first and when or comparing to who else has bad music...........all I care  is that I get the service I expect from the company I subscribe to. 

I am getting tired of paying astronomical monthly fees for a service that is so low in quality and quantitative, and without class. 

Rogers Executives are lucky that they deal with Canadians, and, we all know how much Canadians are willing to put up with..........till. 

By the way when was last time that one of Rogers Executives answered a forum or an email.........seems that all my communication with those high salaried sit back pipe smoking 10 to 2 ( less 1.5 hour for lunch, less 1 hr for coffee and smoke break, .5 hr for personal business leaves 1 hr!!!!) employees just gets lost in cyber space......oh yea......should have said "lost in space"...maybe they understand that remark!

I've Been Around

Anyone that complaints abut roger's service perhaps you haven't tried Bell yet . At least Roger's customer service reps are courteous ans speak english . Been with Rogers Cell service for 18 years and also have their Wireless Home Phone for the last 4 years . I have no issues with them .