Strange Billing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Strange Billing

Usually my bill is for a 30 day period and I have up to the first week of the next month to pay the bill (between the 1st and the 7th). However, I just received my October bill, which was due by Oct 7th and I paid it on Oct 2nd, but the bill states any payments after the 2nd will be on your next bill AND, the billing period is for 21 days now, due by the 28th. It's no wonder Rogers ticks people off. Anyone else notice this billing time frame change for October?

***Edited Labels.***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Strange Billing

I would guess, from the sounds of it.. that they maybe CHANGED your billing period?
Going from a different set of days... likely after that will be 30 days from the 28th, etc..

But i would think they would notify of that before hand.

I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly, you think they would advise the customer before they change the billing period. I'm keeping my eyes open on my November bill when it becomes available to assure they don't try a "Late Payment" fee as there shouldn't be one. I looked at my July bill and the invoice date was the 1st, yet the payment due date was the 28th, making it 27 days. I can't for the life of me figure out what billing process they're using. Maybe their computer can't figure out simple math.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you pay on the DUE day, there should be no late payment.. as long as its not AFTER.

Take a look back a few bills.. at all the TEXT printed sections, incase something was said there.

But looking at what you wrote... I dont think anything is wrong.. generally.

The INVOICE date, is the day the invoice was first processed... the day that your billing cycle goes from.
(for this example, i will use the 24th as that is my date)

When this is DUE, has nothing to really do per day, with monthly, etc... its usually due SOMTIME before the next billing cycle starts.
Looking at mine, says the 21st, which is 27 days after my billing cycle.
Its one day, shy of 4 weeks, after the invoice date... which is fairly normall for paying invoices.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have all my invoices from Rogers, going back years. Doesn't really matter much anymore. We have no need for mega speed internet (I currently use 30D/5U) which is more than what I need. Basic cable will be eliminated as we only watch a few channels anyway. I'll set up my internet with a company I know (one of the small guys), even though they use Rogers' infrastructure, their service is excellent. Same amount every month, so no run around or surprises. Should reduce my billing quite a bit. I don't have a cell plan, just a Pay As You Go that I put ten bucks on each month. I'm just tired of these bills climbing every six months with new increases and every time it does, so does the taxes I pay on the amount.
I've Been Here Awhile

On November 19, 2015 I completed a three-year contract which included the purchase of my phone, so I attempted to discover what my future payments to Rogers would be... with/without an upgrade.   To this end I pulled up a copy of our Account Maintenance Agreement from 11/21/12.

I just do not understand Rogers billing, which almost appears to be designed to hide facts and confuse the customer.  This for example:

SUMMARY OF MONTHLY FEES.   

Plan and Wireless Essentials with term $XX

Plan and Wireless Essentials without term $XX.

Total Monthly Fees (before taxes) $XX

Now, why on earth are the two terms ADDED into the Total Monthly Fees ?   Should have been one or the other, and I chose the "with term" option.   HOWEVER, for three years I have been charged the $XX sum (plus taxes and extras).  

Why?   $XX  seems a lot to pay for three years service with a flip phone!

Discusjon 

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @Discusjon

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Let’s see if we can take a look at your bills and clarify things.

To assist you with your bill we would need to access your account.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Here Awhile

Form sent.

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation