cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still charged for data add-on after requesting it's removal

GregR
I plan to stick around

I spent two hours on the phone this morning in increasing exasperation, trying to solve what should have been an easy fix. Especially for a decades long customer who spends close to $500 per month. On June 24, 2019 I bought through a text message notification, 300mb of data for $10.00 per month. I changed my mind right away and followed the instructions to cancel. I received a text confirmation from Rogers that it was cancelled and would be removed from my bill. I just noticed that it has still been included for 18 months, even though I ended up buying a more expensive plan. I monitor my bills but this was one line in 19 pages. Regardless, Rogers told me it was cancelled and would not appear on my bill. It was never cancelled and remained on my bill. Very simple - Rogers made a mistake and should reimburse me for $180 + taxes. But I had to endure 2 hours of phone call with two people who could not help me and refused to put me through to someone who could. Are you kidding me??!! I own my own business and could never get away with this dismissive, callous treatment of a long time customer. Rogers is apparently willing to forgo $450-500 per month for many more years in order to not give me my $180 back, which they took in error - undisputedly. I am going to take my business to the competition. I am willing to give one last chance to make this right. I am beyond aggravated. I am extremely busy at work and I had to take the time out of my day to not get any satisfaction. Not acceptable Rogers.  $180 refund will no longer be enough to keep me a customer.  It is up to Rogers if they care.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Still charged for data add-on after requesting it's removal

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This sort of issue has been discussed often on this forum.  It is your responsibility to review your bills for accuracy and notify Rogers in a timely manner if the bill is incorrect.  Rogers has often refunded several months of "overcharges", however, I doubt you'll get 18 months.  It's at their discretion.  

You can try PM'ing the mods here to see what Rogers will do.  

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

GregR
I plan to stick around

Yes you are right, but the flip side of that is that Rogers sends me a confirmation and I guess that means nothing.  So why should I believe anything Rogers says.  As I stated it is one line in 19 pages.  Sorry I missed it.  There is ZERO reason for them not to refund me $180.  If they do not, this will be the last straw - many issues over the years similar in that it is next to impossible to get proper service from someone who actually has authority to make a decision.  From a financial standpoint it makes zero sense for Rogers also.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

as the other response, you got, it's also your responsibility to check your bill at some point in 18 months to see what you are being charged for. I believe the most Rogers will refund you is 3 months worth but not 18 months worth especially if that data was used every month.

GregR
I plan to stick around

As mentioned I do check my bills every month.  This was one line in 19 pages and it was right under the plan that I did end up purchasing.  SORRY! My mistake.  I love this theme here that the big corporation makes a billing mistake but it is not their responsibility - it is the customer's.  I couldn't even begin to try and get away with that in my business.  It's ok, for $180 against my monthly bills for years at around $500, I have already contacted Bell.  So congratulations Rogers apologists.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation