Someone sent an email by text message will I be charged?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Someone sent an email by text message will I be charged?

To start off I have the 500 MB Data plan with unlimited Canada wide calling and I believe has Canada wide SMS and MMS. Somebody for no rhime or reason sent an email to me by text message. I never opened it cause I didn't recognize who it was. Now will I be charged cause they sent me an email by text message? I just want to know in case they plan on doing it again. And I don't know how they even got my number to begin with.

***Edited Labels.***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Someone sent an email by text message will I be charged?

Hello diverman1980

From my understanding on this topic is that you will be charged a text message instead of a email. Seeing as you are receiving a text instead if a email, Rogers will count it as a text.

Best thing to do is contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and see what they say

Well I looked further into this yesterday and apparently if you get a text that reads someones email address instead of their number as long as you don't reply saying read or accept you won't be charged.

Just a little update on this the message coming up on my phone was through iMessage so from my understanding I just lose data on iMessage. How I found this out the message was only coming up on my phone not on RON. So then I looked over the message sure enough was an iMessage. So I'm guessing if I don't want it to come up just disable iMessage.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, i message, will use DATA only. (Very very little, unless sending pictures, etc via it)

And it will not replicate to RoN, etc as its a different protocol than a text message.