Sim Card Activation time

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Sim Card Activation time

I had an iphone 4S, just purchased a 6S. The newer models need a different size sim card. I have one, and entered the Old Sim # and the New Sim # on My Rogers account.  A window came up the same time my computer wanted me to install new software and I ended up clicking both "ok"'s for my computer and for a message about the sim card. I think it was telling me there would be a wait or some time before the sim card completed activation. My phone still says "no service". Is there actually a wait before my new sim card is usable on my phone? how long is this time?

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sim Card Activation time

Hello @GuzyFamily

Have you tried calling into Rogers via someone else's phone or home phone and seeing if they can activate the card for you?

It can take a couple of minutes or hours depending on the method.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Sim Card Activation time

I would call Rogers (as  suggested). The process of activating SIM is fast, couple minutes with rep; after they confirm that your new SIM has been added to the system and active, power cycle your phone (shut it off then turn it on) This will force new SIM to register with the network, you should see message " Welcome to Rogers Network"