cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinking Billing Period

emerson7
I plan to stick around

Has anyone else seen the Billing Period shrinking, my bill has been generally due on the 17th of the month and as late as the 20th, I see it is now on the 13th.  Weekends have nothing to do with it.  Is this the way of gaining an extra billing period over time?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shrinking Billing Period

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The following was in my Rogers March Statement.  You'll probably find something similar if you read your recent statements. (Bolding is mine)

We are making some changes that will impact how you pay your Rogers bill. These changes will take effect on your next bill.

1. Increasing flexibility when you pay through a financial institution:
    When you pay your Rogers bill through a financial institution, your bill will be considered paid on time when your payment is made by the required payment date. This means you will no longer have to allow additional time for payment processing.

2. Payment Date Changes:
    Your Rogers bill payment date is changing. The new required payment date will be 21 days after your bill date. To see the required payment date of your current bill login to your MyRogers account at rogers.com/myrogers

If you have set up Autopay for your Rogers bill payments, the above changes do not impact you.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill or visit us at rogers.com/billing.

I posted it in the following thread 3 weeks ago.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Internet-Late-payment-charge-for-ontime-paymen...

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The following was in my Rogers March Statement.  You'll probably find something similar if you read your recent statements. (Bolding is mine)

We are making some changes that will impact how you pay your Rogers bill. These changes will take effect on your next bill.

When you pay your Rogers bill through a financial institution, your bill will be considered paid on time when your payment is made by the required payment date. This means you will no longer have to allow additional time for payment processing.

2. Payment Date Changes:
    Your Rogers bill payment date is changing. The new required payment date will be 21 days after your bill date. To see the required payment date of your current bill login to your MyRogers account at rogers.com/myrogers

If you have set up Autopay for your Rogers bill payments, the above changes do not impact you.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill or visit us at rogers.com/billing.

I posted it in the following thread 3 weeks ago.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Internet-Late-payment-charge-for-ontime-paymen...

emerson7
I plan to stick around

Thanks

jack72
I plan to stick around

Rogers has changed the billing cycle from 30 days down to 21 days.  This means every two months you will have to be pay your Rogers bill two times per month.   Prior your rogers rate is based on a monthly rate of 12 payments per year.....Now you are paying your monthly rate 16 payements per year.

So my bill is 186.33 per month so currently that is $2,235.96

With the new billing cycle my bill remains at 186.33 per month, but the yearly cost is $2981.28

That is an increase of $745.32 or 33% per year.

1. CALL THE CRTC TO SEE IF THIS IS SOMETHING THEY CAN DO.

jack72
I plan to stick around

I have spoken to Rogers and have requested a talk with the Office of the President (not sure if that is another deaf ear to make us feel good) but it was explained that payment is due 21 days after the billing date.  For example ie. if your billing date is the 8th, you pay 21 days after May 8,  Then next bill is  21 days after June 8).  So you are paying an extra payment per year.  (or 13 time per year)  That was misunderstood, but the communication notice was not clear to most customers on Rogers end either. 

But the bottom line is, you are paying an extra payment at least once per year on your contract cycle. 

The try and say no....but do the math...it does not lie..

JmaJeremy
I've been around
No, it's the same number of bills. The deadline to pay is 21 days after the billing date, but the next bill still comes a full month later. Your bill comes on the same calendar day each month. Let's say you get a bill on June 1, the deadline to pay will be June 22, but your next bill still doesn't come until July 1, with a due date of July 22.

SummerVale98
I've been around

I strongly disagree with the payment due date change to every 21 days. That just means it gets sooner and sooner each month and struggling families will get confused trying to keep up. STICK WITH MONTHLY PAYMENTS SAME DAY EVERY MONTH, all they want is more money. Monthly bill for a reason that means at some point you'll end up paying twice in 1 month. 

@SummerVale98 : It's not every 21 days. It's the fact that your payment is now due 21 days after the Bill Date, which is a few days shorter than before.

Kate888
I've been around

A few thought on the shrinking billing period.   First, I had no idea the date was changed.   My payment has always been the end of the month, and I plan to pay my bill accordingly.   Luckily, I happened to look at it today (May 23) and was surprised to see that the due date is now May 26.   I don't think I got the notification others refer to (ie. search of my mailbox didn't have notice), and I didn't see the explanation on my bill.   Anyways, it was a surprise, as opposed to the easily found announcement by news release that Rogers shareholders were getting a dividend.   Found that very easily with Mr. Google.   Back to the subject.    My bank advises that they send payments to payees the same day they are made (up to 6 p.m., and not including weekends).   So Rogers always got my money the same day I paid it.   The problem, it seems, is the amount of time it could take Rogers to process that payment.   According to the my bank, that can be from 3 to 5 days.    So from my perspective, Rogers has my money the same day I pay it, but are not giving credit for it until they post it.   I may be wrong, and would be interested in whether my bank's advice (you can check your bank online) is correct or not.   Someone has my money as of the day I pay it, and I think it is Rogers.   If Rogers has it, and they don't post it for several days, do customers end up being penalized?    Just questions, ready to hear answers.   By the way, just signed up for this forum today - does Rogers actually answer questions on this forum??

Joel13
I plan to stick around

According to the quote that @57 stated on bullet one: 

The payments will be back dated to the day you made the payment and not the day you received it. 

As for Rogers employees answering questions, yes they do drop by and you'll see them with the name "Rogers"  - so for example @RogersCorey , @RogersTony and others. 

Also, I wanted to add that the 21 day payment due date isn't anything new and I personally don't have an issue with it. it is basically exactly like a credit card payment. I honestly think that all of my billing cycles are similar! 

Joel Gallant
photography.joelgallant.ca
vero.co/joelgallant

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kate888 wrote:

1. First, I had no idea the date was changed.   

2. My bank advises that they send payments to payees the same day they are made (up to 6 p.m., and not including weekends).   So Rogers always got my money the same day I paid it.   The problem, it seems, is the amount of time it could take Rogers to process that payment.   

3. Rogers actually answer questions on this forum??

1. It was in my March Statement, as previously advised in the link in post 2 (solution) of this thread.  A lot of people don't bother reading their Bills/Statements, but that's not Rogers fault.

2. It doesn't really matter what your bank states, although most banks will advise that (online) payments are usually processed in 3-5 business days, whether this is the bank or Rogers really doesn't matter.

3. Yes, they do, or other members of this forum do, as previously outlined.

Lastly, you, and others, can keep banging your heads against this wall or you can accept that this is the way it is and banks and Rogers are not going to change just for you.  

Ashjjj
I've been around
If you guys haven’t figured it out, this is a way for Rogers to get more money from people for late payments. It gives less time for the consumer to pay, they collect earlier, and if they don’t you get penalized. In a time when things are the toughest for Canadians, Rogers just shows they are never on our side.

EricVilleneuve
I've been around

Our billing due date wasn't due until the 27 of the month. As of May, they changed it to the 22nd.

My wife gets paid on the 15th but she puts the money on her Rogers CC and once the CC gets cleared she pays our bill with her CC cuz she gets points.

I spoke to Rogers last month and the agent said he fixed the issue by changing out billing date to later which would push our due date later.

We got our bill yesterday and it's still the same thing.

I just sent a complaint to the CRTC with the audio recording of the conversation I had with the billing department. Not sure if that's going to do anything.

Nuke9599
I've been here awhile
No matter how Roger's tries to spin it, this is Rogers looking over Rogers.
Payments will be backdated is a crock.

I knowwhen I pay any bill through my financial provider the amount is immediately deducted from my balance.
This is just a case of Rogers getting their money sooner.

Nuke9599
I've been here awhile
Here's an example, as a matter of fact, this is my current situation.
My billing cycle is on the 2nd of every month, I don't actually see the bill until the 6th of the month.
My old due date was the 28th of each month. My new due date is now the 23rd of each month, therefore, Rogers has given me 17 days to pay my bill.
All together I've lost pretty much an extra week to pay my bill.

Gigi29
I've been here awhile
It’s terrible that they started the billing even you didn’t receive the SIM card and the phone, as long as you decided to join them, they started to charge you, that is terrible! Bell is much better and reasonable

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor
"ShrinkFlation"! 😡
My billing date was the 1st, Now I'm getting harassed on the 26th! 😡
Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 in conversation