Share everything plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Share everything plan

I have 2 lines in my account, one for myself and one for my husband. I was able to upgrade to a Samsung Note 3 and stay with my old family plan since I was already paying at least $60 on my line.  I have 2 family members coming off their corporate plans soon and all of us are interested in the "share everything plan".  For example, if I change my plan to the new shared plan (let's say for 3GB and share amongst the 4 of us), my questions are:

1 - my husband has a Samsung S3 phone, contract isn't up until 2 years later and isn't looking to upgrade to a new phone. Will his line be eligible for the $45 smart pick price (rather than the $55)?

2 - for my 2 other family members who are looking to upgrade their phones, since they already have their own accounts/phone lines, can I add them for an additional $55/each (with the new phone price) and merge them into my account once they are off their corporate plans?

3 - can my 2 family members get to keep their old numbers?

Thanks in advance.  Just want a general idea of how I should approach this matter before I give Rogers a call.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Share everything plan

1) You would likely have to call in on this.. sometimes the smart picks, are on specific model phones, etc.

2) Yes, once they are off their plans, you should be able to cancel theirs, and bring them over to the addons for yours. 

3) you should be able to keep the numbers.. they usually can port the  numbers, from a different or same carrier.  Often this will auto cancel the other account, but best after the port, check to make sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks. I will give them a call later but just wanted to get a general idea.  The Samsung S3 is listed as a Smartpick phone but not sure if it applies to a phone that he's already using.  Thanks again.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not positive.. so best to call in.

I did call in one asking about a smart pick.. and said my phone was not active for it... but i would assume then IF it was say only for new ones, etc, they would have said that.

I Plan to Stick Around

Today I tried talking to online chat to change to the 15 Gig package that is listed here http://www.rogers.com/web/content/share-everything?asc_refid=plans-pricing .. Now the way the page is laid out it appers that the plan is 105+55 for each smart phone.. Now the rep I was talking to says , Oh no, that plan is 160 for the plan plus each additional line ... Needless to say this sounds to me like a bait and switch the way it's laid out on the page .. Any Rogers folks here shed light on this

I Plan to Stick Around

That is exactly how it work. 105$ + 55$ per phone INCLUDING the 1st one.

So 160$ for the main line + 55$ per additional line.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello phantom76

Exactly what Godcyric said. That is how it works.

I'm Here A Lot

I recently purchased a phone and a share everything plan from Rogers. The salesperson told me that I qualified as a "Loyalty Program" reward so I was getting "Enhanced Voicemail" and would be able to see who was calling, as well as voicemail to text. This was a lie. I called 6 times over a 2 week period to get assistance with why my voicemail was full after only 3 messages... each person told me that it was "in the notes" that I was supposed to have Enhanced and that they would fix it. So I waited. Then, after the 15 day no penalty refund had expired, and my voicemail still didn't work as they had promised, I was told there was nothing in the notes to indicate that I was to be part of any Loyalty Rewards. So I was lied to by 5 different people over a 2 week period in order to keep me hanging on throughout the time when I could have returned the phone. And I was lied to repeatedly in order to make a particular plan and phone seem better than it actually was.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @charand,

I apologize for your negative experience. I have asked CommunityHelps to contact you. We will need to look into your account to determine what transpired. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a PM. 

Thank you,

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Welcome to the NEW Rogers where customer service is declining as fast as quarterly profits!  There is no loyalty anymore.  I've been a customer for almost 20 years and dealing with them over the past 2 years has been increasingly frustrating to say the least.  You have to fight to the death to get or keep your 'loyalty' credits these days.  Navigating their phone system is now completely frustrating just to get a human.. and when you finally do it's completely hit and miss, more often miss that you'll get a competent rep who actually cares.  If you don't you have to fight to get to retentions and even that is not what it used to be.   I usually upgrade my phone early and cringe at the thought these days as it's a totally frustring process.  It's now a shell game to try and get more money out of you everytime... where it used to be you were a treated great for being a long term cusotmer.

I'm trying to upgrade my phone now and going through this battle with Loyalty Credits too.  I lose everything if I renew... for me it's enough this time around.  Best of luck to you though!

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats