Share Everything plans gone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiverCitySlim
I Plan to Stick Around

Share Everything plans gone?

Hello,

I am currently on a share everything plan with 3 lines. The contract on the second line is up and I need to get a new phone for that line. Is it still possible to get a phone upgrade on the share everything plan or would I need to switch to a new infinite plan for that line and pull it out of the share everything plan in order to get an upgrade? I hope that a change in plan is not required as I don't really want to have to pay extra for more data that I do not need on a new infinite plan as well as have the cost of the third line on my share everything plan increase when I have to pull out the second line to change the plan. Any information you could provide would be appreciated.

Thank you,

*Added Labels*

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Share Everything plans gone?

Hmm.. Might depend.

If the current plan, is a high enough $ value for the new phone subsidy, then yes you should just be able to keep going, as far as I am aware.
The issue might be, if its not high enough... though that may just mean having to pay a little more for the phone up front?

RiverCitySlim
I Plan to Stick Around

I currently have the Share Everything+ 6GB-Premium Tab Manitoba plan with 3 lines at $65, $50 and $40(with $10 promo discount). So basically $145 for 3 lines sharing 6GB. The $65 and $40 line are still under contract, the $50 line is no longer on contract. When I tried to look into a phone upgrade for the $50 line online it said I needed to upgrade the Plan on the main line. The only plans that showed as available to upgrade to are the unlimited plans and I assume once I upgrade the main line I would also have to upgrade the other 2 lines as well?

So if I am correct my options would be:

1. Buy a phone at full price and remain on the current plan. 

2. Upgrade all lines to the Infinite plans at $85 each for a total of $255 which $110 more than I am currently spending.

I realize that the infinite plans offer more data and should cost more but are there really no more capped data options at a lower price level being offered? I certainly won't use that much data so it would be nice if there were more options. If someone from Rogers could confirm if I am correct and the 2 options listed above are all that is available or let me know if there is something I am missing it would be very helpful.

Thank you,

RogersMaude

Good day @RiverCitySlim,

Thank you for your reply!

As indicated by @Gdkitty, the device pricing for hardware upgrades is based on your price plan category. Customers in a higher category may be eligible for a higher subsidy on certain devices than customers in a lower category. From the information you provided above, it appears that your plan is considered "Premium" tab.

By switching to one of our current plans, you'll be able to take advantage of the biggest discounts available on our best phones. However, you should have the ability to keep your current plan if it still does qualify as Premium.

Once you're signed in to your MyRogers account, in the beginning of the hardware upgrade process, you should first of all pick a phone. Then, you should see something similar to this (this is an actual - slightly edited - screen capture of my personal MyRogers online profile):

Sans titre.png

If you do not wish to change your price plan, you should select "Keep existing plan", next to "Pick new plan".

If you aren’t on an eligible price plan category or if yours does not make you eligible for one of the current tabs, you can purchase a phone without subsidy. You are therefore correct. If you want to keep your current plan you can buy a device at full price without an agreement.

Hope this helps! Please, let us know if you have any other questions. 😉

RogersMaude

RiverCitySlim
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @RogersMaude

Thank you for the response. It seems that if I try a phone upgrade on either of the lines that remain under contract that I can get to the part you show in your screen capture with the choice to keep the existing plan. However on the line that I would like to upgrade the phone that is no longer under contract I can't get to that choice as I get a pop up that says I need to upgrade the plan on the main line to continue. Do you have any idea as to why that may be happening on only the one line? 

Thank you,

RogersMaude

Thanks for getting back to us @RiverCitySlim! I appreciate you looking into it.

I understand there are two lines currently on contract and it is possible for you to remain on the same tab if you were to upgrade those.

Is the plan on the line in question "Premium" tab as well?

If it is not, or if it originally was a "Smart" tab, it can be why you cannot upgrade. 

To see if one of us would have the ability to place the order for you, please send us a Private Message so we can look into it further. 

For more information on our private messaging system, check out this page

RogersMaude