cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up my Ignite Internet?

Marcy13
I've been here awhile

Can I use a friend's smart phone to set up my Ignite Internet? I don't have one.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Set up my Ignite Internet?

RogersZia

Good evening @Marcy13,

Welcome to the Community!

You've definitely come to the right place! Ideally it's best to use your own phone to download and set up the Ignite WIFI app, however if you do not have a smartphone you should be able to use your friend's to get started.

I would recommend you to check out the Accepted Solution post in the How to Set up Ignite Internet Without Smartphone thread, you'll find it helpful to complete the set up on your own.

In case the above method doesn't work for you, you can use your friend's device to complete the set up. Once the install is complete you can visit ignitewifi.rogers.com on any internet-connected device for future use.

Just as an FYI, if you do end up using a friend's device, and you save your login credentials your friend would have access to your home network.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns :)! 

RogersZia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Set up my Ignite Internet?

RogersZia

Good evening @Marcy13,

Welcome to the Community!

You've definitely come to the right place! Ideally it's best to use your own phone to download and set up the Ignite WIFI app, however if you do not have a smartphone you should be able to use your friend's to get started.

I would recommend you to check out the Accepted Solution post in the How to Set up Ignite Internet Without Smartphone thread, you'll find it helpful to complete the set up on your own.

In case the above method doesn't work for you, you can use your friend's device to complete the set up. Once the install is complete you can visit ignitewifi.rogers.com on any internet-connected device for future use.

Just as an FYI, if you do end up using a friend's device, and you save your login credentials your friend would have access to your home network.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns :)! 

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation