Service Area Expansion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersLaura

Re: Service Area Expansion

Greetings @Juggie!

Great first post!

I can definitely understand your brother's need to have a secure and reliable internet option for his residence, especially since he'll be using it for his business. It's very kind of you to inquire on his behalf.  😊

Based on my personal experience and depending on the request type for the service expansion, I do want to warn you that it could become quite costly to have this done. Nonetheless, we are happy to look into this for you to see if this is a possibility, and provide you with a quote so your brother can make the final decision.

If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thanks!

RogersLaura

glogan2
I've Been Around

Are there any plans for Rogers to pick up the remaining areas in Atlantic Canada that they've abandoned over the years?

I used to subscribe to Roger's legacy product (formerly Fundy Cable) long beyond a time it made sense to do so. With high-capacity transport peppered all over the area (some likely owned by Rogers?!) I am dumbfounded as to why this beautiful late-90s network (with lots of extra coax trunking) is STILL abandoned in 2020.

BellAliant has successfully applied for, and received tons of funding to bring a sad 7/1 DSL service to outlying areas in the community, where the technology doesn't make any economic sense.

Are there any plans to service Stanley, New Brunswick? E6B 1A6 (this isn't my postal code, but is an MDU served by the same 'legacy cable plant' that has been abandoned).

RogersZia

Hello and welcome to the Community at @glogan2

I appreciate your interest in our services and coverage area. If you can send us a PM @CommunityHelps, we can check to see if there are any upcoming plans to extend services to the Stanley, New Brunswick area in the near future. For more information on how our PM system works, please check out our blog.

RogersZia

snailmehta
I've Been Around

Hello,
We recently built a new home in area code --- ---. During the build our electrician met with a Rogers technician who noted that a Rogers trunk line runs directly across our driveway. This is a rural area but neighbors on both sides of our property have access to ignite services based on Rogers' address look up (and asked the neighbours). For some reason we keep getting told that our address is unserviceable.
How can we get a technician out to install a line to our house from the main trunk? Customer service keeps stonewalling us.

RogersTony

Hello, @snailmehta

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We're thrilled that you are considering the Ignite TV service.

It is very strange that both your neighbours are able to get service but not your address. We'd definitely like to look into this for you to see what is going on and try to get you installed. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony