cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS issues

jweaver40789
I've been here awhile

I have been having an ongoing issue with sms on my phone, it is definitely a network issue as I have tried several phones and every one had the same exact issue including a brand new phone. I can send messages to anyone ex. contacts, and non contacts. However some are able to reply yet some are not and it is almost like I have them blocked, yet I don't. I have been on the phone with rogers literally almost every other day and it has not been solved yet, and it is becoming extremely frustrating. It now is effecting my work and communication among co-workers. I don't want to change providers but I don't know what else to do. Please help

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SMS issues

RogersMoin

Hello, @jweaver40789.

Thank you for posting your SMS concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

Being able to send SMS to everyone, but can't receive from everyone is odd and it may take a few tries to figure out the root cause of the issue. 

It's good that you're already in touch with tech support. We can follow up and expedite the resolution for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

jweaver40789
I've been here awhile
Hi there, yes there is a bit more to the situation as well, I had my rogers account hijacked where someone tried porting my phone number over to bell, however I caught it the day the request was applied and was able to prevent losing my number. My number was ported but then supposedly sent back which it was but then come to find out there was a pay as you go account in my name with bell, which I then had to call and have it closed and for them to release the number back to rogers. This has been going on for over two months now

Hello
I've been texting everybody and noone has been getting my texts. They are all green and they haven't received them. But if it's blue, they do. But there is no option to change or fix this. How am I supposed to text if when I send one, the person doesn't receive it. I just got this phone and I already want to take it back.

Hello, @Kyla0516.

Thank you for your post, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Based on the description, you may be using an iPhone to send text messages. If others are not receiving your messages, you should see 
red ! with an alert that says Not Delivered.

If you see a green message bubble instead of a blue one, then that message was sent using MMS/SMS instead of iMessage. If the text bubble is blue, then iMessage is being used on both devices. 

What device were you using before getting the iPhone? Have you linked your number to your Apple ID?

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation