SMS in Chinese Characters

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: SMS in Chinese Characters

浥獳慧攠⁴漠ㄴ〳獵捣敥摥搮

Says: "Message to ((the phone number you were texting when you got this auto-reply)) succeeded"

**Edited cellphone number due to privacy concern** - RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Just confirming what 0JuiceBox0 is saying.  I received a text today, and when re-encoded to UTF-8, it appears to be the same confirmation message.  The encoding error looks to be wrongly encoding response signals to UTF-16 BE.

I've Been Around

My wife and I have only recently (within the last couple months) been receiving the msg all of you have discussed in the past. I'm glad you all figured out what the converted msg amounts to.

My questions are related to Why? Why am I suddenly receiving an automated msg from a network that a msg was successfully sent when, in some cases they responded to my last msg within a minute or two, meaning yes, it was successfully sent, but the automated msg arrives several hours, or days, after the last conversation ended?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Spam. Forward it to 7726. No charge.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

@123-Go wrote:

My wife and I have only recently (within the last couple months) been receiving the msg all of you have discussed in the past. I'm glad you all figured out what the converted msg amounts to.

My questions are related to Why? Why am I suddenly receiving an automated msg from a network that a msg was successfully sent when, in some cases they responded to my last msg within a minute or two, meaning yes, it was successfully sent, but the automated msg arrives several hours, or days, after the last conversation ended?

As for why the wrong encoding happens, it can be for several reasons.  It can be anything from a glitch in the software to noise in the data stream going from tower to tower or from tower to phone causing a 1 in the data stream to be inverted to a zero.  In areas where there is more interference happening this inversion can happen more often.  As for the timing of the wrongly encoded messages arriving at your phone, I don't know. 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 in conversation