SMS in Chinese Characters

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

SMS in Chinese Characters

Today I received approximately 30 spam messages, different numbers, looked like they were from overseas, all in Asian characters. I tools a screen shot and will be contacting apple as well, but the country code is +86 and I don't want to get charged for these. There are too many to go through and individually block.

*edited labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: SMS in Chinese Characters

Hey @mlh75,

I can certainly understand the frustration of receiving unwanted messages. Rest assured that you will not be charged for any of the incoming messages. If these were done via iMessage, then it would just use the data.

RogersRoland

I'm Here A Lot

Sometimes when I send a text I get an instant message back .. 浥獳慧攠⁴漠ㄴ〳㠲㜱㔹㌠獵捣敥摥搮.

Sometimes the person that I sent the text to gets the same message.. what is this??

Hello @Wildoat3,

Welcome back! 

Late last year you posted the same question, I responded to you but we didn't hear back!

Is your phone an official Rogers phone or a non-Rogers unlocked device? Please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Hi - this is an official Roger's phone S7 Edge.

Does this issue potentially happen with anyone you send messages to or is it completely random as far as you can tell? 

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Hi.. it is completely random.. although it seems like it happens the most with my family and friends that are also on Rogers

Understood. Thanks for clarifying @Wildoat3.

In this case, I would recommend backing up and restoring your phone to factory default settings. I suspect this is a software related issue and a restore should hopefully resolve it.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Hi - yeah - that did not work.  This is my second S7 Edge with Rogers and this happened on my old phone.  I did a factory reset and it did not go away.  My Mom has a S6 and it happens to her too.  My brother has a S7 and it happens to him too - we are all on Rogers.  Thanks.

Hello, @Wildoat3

I'm wondering if the issue is still happening? It could be a character encoding issue like certain emojis are not getting interpreted properly by the messaging app resulting in the strange characters. You can try a different messaging app to see if it fixes the issue. If the issue persists we can definitely submit a case on your behalf, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin