SKYPE -incoming calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

SKYPE -incoming calls

Hi all,

I have a plane that includes 1000 local incoming minutes, and unlimited local evenings and weekends. My friend wants to use SKYPE online to call me, and it displays as an Unknown Caller on my phone. I was wondering does this incoming call belong to 1000 local incoming minutes or long distance or something else? Thank you.

Leo

***Edit Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: SKYPE -incoming calls

I would suspect that it depends on how your phone is connected, thru its normal wireless connection to a tower somewhere, or thru wifi, which then connects to your modem or router and then out via your internet connection.  If your phone is connected via wifi, it will use some portion of your monthly bandwidth, unless you are on an unlimited plan, in which case it won't matter how long or often you are chatting back and forth.  If you're connected via wireless, I would think it counts against your phone's data plan.   Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

Good day @Cong_Leo,

Thanks you for your post! 

I can definitely help you shed some light on this.

If your friend is calling you from Skype, on your cellphone number, and you pick up as a regular phone call, it will count towards your airtime. It will only use data if you are also using Skype to complete the phone call.

In the instance where you are physically in your local calling area, even if the number appears to be " Unknown" on your call display, it will be deducted from your 1000 incoming minutes. You most likely also have unlimited evenings and weekends and if the call is received during that timeframe you do not even have to count!

If you are physically outside of your local calling area, and the call is received during the day, you will be charged long distance on top of the airtime deducted from what is included in your plan.

If your plan no longer suit your needs, let us know; we'd be glad to review it with you Smiley Wink

Hope this helps !

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, my friend is using SKYPE to call my phone number, not my SKYPE number. So I think I do not need internet.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much and your answers are very helpful, which is exactly what I want. I am very happy about my current plane.

You are very welcome @Cong_Leo!

Thank you for your contribution, I am glad we could address your concerns!

Take care - Smiley Wink

RogersMaude