Rogers wireless home phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers wireless home phone

After I signed up for Rogers Wireless Home Phone just over a month,the price went down by $10/month, (I pay $20/month)but I was told by CS that its for  new hookups. I feel like I am getting riped off by Rogers. I have being with Rogers for over 16 years. I think lower prices should be giving to everyone.  Prices are going up faster than my wages. 

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers wireless home phone

Hello kdjones

I can't see the prices as its nit available here in Scarborough but that is correct tho. If new plans come out, sometimes they are only for new customers per say. I am sure you are able to call into Rogers and asked to be switched over to those plans.

You can contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and see what they can do for you.
I've Been Here Awhile

So I was paying about $70/month for a bell home phone.  Bought a Rogers wireless home phone hub ($50) and I'm now paying $10/month for the exact same service I was getting from Bell.  Better reception, clearer calls and 1/7th the price of Bell.  Why the heck would anyone still use a Bell home phone?  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, there are certian things to look at, depending on your location, etc.

As long as you are in a good CELLULAR reception area.. you'll be fine.  If someone is in an area where there is not great cell cervice, there could be problems, dropouts, etc

The also can be other issues with issues when you get into emergency scenarios.

Not sure, if the cellular unit there has a battery backup on it at all?
With rogers home phone (wired) it has a 6 hour battery, bell doesnt need a battery at all. (as long as you have a wired phone which doesnt require power in the house)

Differences in the same sort of longer no power scenario.. cell towers may go down quicker possibly that a centra office/switching location for a landline based phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wondering if anybody can help me.
Can you have more than 1 WHP per account? It would be transfering another persons Rogers home phone from their account onto mine. I would assume it would be just a matter of getting more than one wireless base station?

Hi 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersCorey,

When you say montly, as part of my current regular montly bill?

If yes, that's what I was expecting.

Thank you for the quick reponse.

That's correct. If you're on a current Share Everything plan, it's $15/mo added to your bill for the Wireless Home Phone service.

RogersCorey