Rogers plan change mishap yesterday

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers plan change mishap yesterday

I have been their long term customer since CANTEL as maybe they can see from my number, but they don't really care of looking after the customer, yesterday 1 lady call my cell phone and offer me a better plan (as she said), with a little more money, long story short I agreed with the offer, after that she transfer me to another guy who will make the changes in the account for me, after that few minutes later I checked my account online, I got shocked of what I saw, I pay more money but I got less data from 4gb to 2gb, earlier the lady promised me that I will get 6gb of data, this really upset me, I called back to Rogers, the first guy can't do anything usefull and the 2nd guy also don't know what to do, and the 3rd guy maybe from loyalty program department checked my account and he doesn't even know why I get 2gb, I started lose my patience, and ask him to change to the plan that we agreed from the beginning which is 6gb data, he said he can't give me that plan with that price, finally he said the best he can do give me 3gb of data which is half than what the first lady promise me, so at the end I have to pay more than my old plan with less data, this is really make me dissapointed. Hopefully 1 of Rogers employee will get me back my old plan with the old price.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers plan change mishap yesterday

Hello Siauw

This is a user to user forum so Rogers most likely
won't reply as this is a forum for users to help each other on. You can try and contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and see what they can do.

Unfortunately tho once you lose a plan, they change it or its gone 98% of the times you won't get it back. Also when the lady offered you that plan,she most likely couldn't do anything so she had to get u to someone else to do it. Now that person may have not known about it and changed it to the plan u have now. 6GB or cheap isn't offered anymore. I only have it as I had before and loyalty let me keep it.

You call and ask for the loyalty department and see what they can do. Next time have the rep write down everything they offer you on a note on the account and ask for the Interaction ID number for the next time u call in or want to inquire about it.

I'm Here A Lot

I really appreciate for your information. Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Siauw

You are welcome. Hopefully it all gets resolved and they offer you a plan that you like!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My biggest concern is why after the lady transfer me to the guy to do the changed  he even made it worst the data only 2gb instead of 6gb that the lady promised and also with more money, is this make sense? or maybe the lady is just to trick me to get out from the old plan and star to screw me up that ended up with only 3gb that I have to pay more money. This is really ridiculous. A really DIRTY tricks that they do to their customer.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Siauw

Unfortunately all carriers and companies do this. I had something similar done via another carrier a few years ago.

Its know that reps are trying to get customers to change from their old plans to the new ones. As i said before, i had the same issue in which loyalty had cornered me and i spoke to someone else in that department which offered me the same plan as i have ( unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited texting Canada wide and 6GB plus other features) for $10 more so i could keep it.

Try giving them a call and see what they can do for u. Explain your situation. They might offer you something better. Who knows.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks again for your reply, I will try to give them a call tomorrow and see what happened, in the beginning I already know that I will lose the old plan, I already willing to pay more to get more data and Canada wide calling, but why they even give me only 2gb with the same price they offer me, I guess the employee of these companies doesn't have eough knowledge how to do the job, REALLY, they need more training.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Siauw

Some if not most customer service representative aren't trained as much as they should be. We all have complained about this multiple times. It seems like it will never stop with any company that has reps like this. They shouldn't offer or say anything they can't do. If they do offer something, they need to make sure it is okay to do so. Either way i do hope tomorrow all this gets resolved for u and u get what u were looking for!

I'm Here A Lot

I made a phone call today and a lady called Cindy solved my problems, she is a very patience person to fix the problem, now I got a 6gb of data with the price as promised in the beginning.

I've Been Around

Some thing similar happened today.

I have terminated my services of Internet and cable because of increasing prices. September 28th is my last day of services. Few days back, I received a mail with the request to contact Roger,s at 1 877 232 3027 (as Rogers wanted me to stay). I appreciated the gesture and called the number in the evening. I was put on hold several time and after about 45 min of discussion, they offered me a package which I accepted. They verified my details and instructed me to go to a Roger,s outlet after 48 hrs and get my old Cable box and internet modem replaced with a newer one. I waited for 3 days and today I went to a roger,s outlet near my home. But I was shocked when they told me that there is nothing on the system and just a note for the cancellation of the services on 28th September. They thought that the new deal offered to me is still under process and should be on the system very soon. But I was not convinced, as normally, when you talk to Rogers, the next moment you receive a feedback email for a survey. .So the Roger,s office contacted Roger,s helpline and I was put on hold for a long time (About 45 min or so) and then they came with the news that the package offered is no longer valid and the company has been decommissioned. But they admitted that the particular person has a detailed note on the system and the details that she gave me are on the note. I fail to understand why Rogers is offering something which they cant honor.