Rogers not honouring 2 GB bonus in contract!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers not honouring 2 GB bonus in contract!!!

So I got a 4 GB + 2 GB bonus plan with an S9 for new sign ups a couple months ago online. My first month I had 6 GB available, but in my second month I only had 4 GB.

I waited until today to check my data because a prompt said that the information might not get updated until the next billing cycle if I was missing data.

I checked today, and lo and behold, there's only 4 GB. Calling customer service is useless, they keep saying the same thing.

"We don't see any notes of this bonus data on our end, therefore we cannot honour any bonus data contracts."

I don't understand how customer service can have such little information yet operate in a customer facing role.

I've dealt with this previously when they didn't realize I returned my previous phone within the trial period, and got a bill for $1300 in the mail. I had to go down to a Rogers store to show them my receipt for returning their phone. Customer service wasn't any help because they "didn't have any proof." Keep in mind I would've been screwed if I didn't happen to keep my receipt for RETURNING the phone.

How on earth can customer support not have my contract information? That seems like the one thing they SHOULD know. It's insane how I can be looking at an email stating exactly what I should be getting in my contract, yet nothing can be verified on their end. So. Apparently I can't talk to anyone else, submit any tickets, or do anything about it.

Ridiculous.

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers not honouring 2 GB bonus in contract!!!

@ramyrickson you can always file a complaint with the CCTS (Commission for Complaints for Telecom and Television Services).

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Go Consumers ----> Complaint ----> File a Complaint

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ramyrickson wrote:

It's insane how I can be looking at an email stating exactly what I should be getting in my contract, yet nothing can be verified on their end. So. Apparently I can't talk to anyone else, submit any tickets, or do anything about it.

Ridiculous.

***Added Labels***

I am going to guess, the email you are speaking of includes the confirmation pdf document, which will describe all elements of your purchase and contract, and any end dates of any add-ons.

If you have that email, I know from experience of dealing with Billing CSR's, as well as management and office of the president, that those emails sent to you are in a toolkit that lets all of those mentioned departments I gave to see exactly the copy of your confirmation of changes.

In the box you received your phone in (if you had it shipped), it will should and I use the word should lightly as just this summer, I spent 6 months because a confirmation I had did not show any changes on the CSR screen end of things, and fortunately, I had done all my correspondence of the changes via chat or Facebook so I had a copy of all discussions and agreements, and then I finalized the agreement over the phone, saying implement exactly as per the notes, which they could see.

That confirmation is required by CRTC to be sent to you within 1 day via email or 15 days via mail - they have to ask for permission to send via email, unless that portion was overturned in a recent court case over components of the code by Bell I believe.  In the past, you would have also received a copy of terms of service as of date of contract change and purchase, as well as what is called "key order information details", as Rogers labels it, and CRTC describes it as follows.  As written on the key order information details" "This document serves as your Critical
Information Summary and outlines the most important elements of your recent transaction for wireless services."

I note that in a recent change to my services, I did not get the summary, nor the terms. I wonder if Rogers has stopped sending this document - my last couple of changes did not show - last one I received was in July.

So possibly if you take that email document into the store as you did before, you can "prove" that it did happen and whether the notes reflect the committment or not, it was set up and confirmed, but for some reason disappeared in the second month and onwards.

Other alternative before CCTC is that you use the link to submit a concern - you can chat with a manger live, or you can submit the concern and ask for a call or email interaction - with the email interaction, you will be able to send you email confirmation as your "proof". Me, I prefer voice - they get back generally within 48 hours.

If that gets you nowhere, then, definitely CCTC.

Good luck,  Bruce

Hello @ramyrickson,

I appreciate you took the time to bring this situation up to our attention.

I'm sorry to hear about the frustration this matter may have caused you.

Before you escalate this to a third party, I would recommend that you reach out to us.

If you would like our assistance, please do so by private messaging our @CommunityHelps inbox. You can learn how to send a private message, here.

Our Social Media team is also at your disposition. They can be reached via Twitter @RogersHelps or at Facebook.com/Rogers.

Don't forget the Share a Concern page! You'll be able to submit a call back request from our Management Office or chat with a member of their team.

Thank you again for sharing the details of your situation with us and I am confident we can help you resolve it!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

So I got a 4 GB + 2 GB bonus plan with an S9 for new sign ups a couple months ago online. My first month I had 6 GB available, but in my second month I only had 4 GB.

I waited until today to check my data because a prompt said that the information might not get updated until the next billing cycle if I was missing data.

I checked today, and lo and behold, there's only 4 GB. Customer service keeps saying the same thing:

"We don't see any notes of this bonus data on our end, therefore we cannot honour any bonus data contracts."

It's insane how I can be looking at an email stating exactly what I should be getting in my contract, yet nothing can be verified on their end. I have the original email stating the contract, as well as how much data is in it, hopefully I can move forward here.

Good evening @matcauthon and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums 🙂.

I hope you're enjoying the S9 so far. Bonus GB are a great way to avoid overages. You mentioned that you have an email with the information about bonus GB, does the email include any time frame for the offer or a duration?

I know you've already spoken to customer service, however if you'd like us to take a closer look into your account for you please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to do so. For instructions on how to contact us via private message please click here.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation