Rogers leaked my account info

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers leaked my account info

I signed up with Rogers by phone, last Friday. I received couple confirmation emails, last one today, including the contract in a pdf file.

The problem is, at least one other person got my email, addressed to me, with contract and all.

I just found out about this and am a bit shocked as I never had any experience like this before. I intend to call first thing tomorrow Rogers to find out more about this leak, hopefully they'll have a good explanation.

Which is the best number/dept to call?

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers leaked my account info

@johndop

Welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

I can see how this could be a concern. Let's not wait for tomorrow to get some clarification on what's happening.

Can you elaborate what you mean by "at least one other person got my email, addressed to me, with contract and all."? Was the email confirmation also sent to another email address? Was there another form of contact from Rogers addressing the same information? Besides yourself, are there any other authorized users on the account? Would love to help but need a little more clarification.

Looking forward to your reply.

RogersMay

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your quick reply.

So far, I discovered that the message was sent to 2 different email addresses. All I can see in the original source is that each email has been sent separately, ie not cc. But as you imagine there are various ways to send emails from a client.

I have spoken to the Rogers agent last Friday, when I initiated my account. As far as I know, I only gave her my own credentials. No other name or account and definitely no other email address.

So I wanna know who else got my message including contract, name, address, phone number, and so on. And why.

Hello, @johndop

We can definitely investigate the issue for you. Addressing the issue  involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding!

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

I have talked yesterday morning with an accounts representative who insisted there was no other information and email address on my account. I got transferred to technical support where, obviously, the agent wouldn't be able to access smtp logs and the like, so I opened a case hoping to get somebody to look into this. The agent told me someone will contact me in a day or two. Still waiting..

In the meantime, hoping a Rogers employee  with access to email logs can help clarify this, here are the email headers:

mine, received at my yahoo account:

http://pastebin.com/f07r6giU

my girlfriend's, received at her gmail account:

http://pastebin.com/V8BP8p1j

As you can see in their corresponding subject lines, the confirmation numbers are different! I asked the rogers agents about this number but seemed to not be that meaningful as I thought to them.

I Plan to Stick Around

I called today for a follow-up with a supervisor, Deborah explained to me that the alternate email address (of my girlfriend's) that I have provided at account sign-up last Friday was probably used to send a second confirmation.

This would be a terrific explanation, save for the fact that I had provided her this email address before the above explanation! All the other agents, including the first accounts representative I called failed to see the alternative email address on my file!

Not to mention, the only email I have ever given was my yahoo address. Even if I were asked to provide an alternative one, I would have probably gave, say, my main gmail account. Or even my secondary gmail account.

Is it current practice for rogers agents to ask for alternate email addresses at account opening time?

Anyways, Deborah offered to 'remove' any trace of my gf's email. Hopefully, that will prevent further alternate emails.

For posterity, and perhaps for other similar rogers smtp mishaps I will reddit this as well.

cheers,
john

I Plan to Stick Around

It happened again, got the double confirmation message after applying some corporate discount on my file. Yet again, almost exact same message save the confirmation number in subject line and body.

Changed my email address, let's see if that helps.
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@johndop

Thank you for updating the community on what is happening.

The email change hopefully will resolve the issue!

Don't hesitate to reach out to us through private message @CommunityHelps if you require further assistance!

RogersMay

I Plan to Stick Around

My girlfriend still receives duplicates of my rogers account changes emails.  

I just stopped pursuing this any further with rogers support as they blindly insist that can't happen. Perhaps it'll just go down as those unsolvable mysteries like the bermuda triangle. I have more faith that that mistery gets solved before rogers wants to help on my email leaking matter.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @ johndop

We can definitely understand your frustration.

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation