Rogers going back on a deal we discussed on the phone.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers going back on a deal we discussed on the phone.

Hello everyone, I just wanted to discuss a dilemma I had with rogers support on the phone today and last night.

Last night I called their cancellation department since teksavvy was offering essentially better service for over $20 less price. (we were getting 18 mb down, and supposed to be getting 2 mb up but we're only getting 0.5 up).

After a long phone call with an employee (who I wrote down the name of), he went to his manager who allowed him to offer us the fibre 30 package with the 200gb of bandwidth for $43.99/month for one year. This was explicitly stated, and I asked him to confirm it multiple times. I wrote down his name and the confirmation number for the phone call. He said that it was all done, and all I had to do was go pick up the new modem. He said he would input the information in our account so that we could pick up the modem. 

Today we got our bill estimate, and none of it matched up. We called, and apparently they said that getting that package for $43.99 a month is not possible for us, since we don't have cable. Apparently they also had zero information relating to the quoted cost. How is this possible? A manager in the cancellation department confirmed that price, not just the employee I was talking to. The whole point of reaching that price was that it was close to what teksavvy offers. 

Now the price is no where near that. One person I talked to said my home phone price changed, but we never even discussed changing home phone. I talked to a manager who could do nothing but dance around the fact that what she has on her screen isn't what was discussed in my phone call yesterday. 

I'm just wondering how one manger can approve a price, which isn't totally unreasonable as a one-year discount for long-term rogers customers, and then later there is zero recollection of that quote or what was discussed on the phone in their files on our account.

I'm really infuriated. I tried to ask them to connect me with the employee I talked to, but they said they can't. I asked if they could confirm with the manager or if they knew what manager was working yesterday, they said they can't. I asked if they could review the phone call which is recorded, and they said they can't. What was the point of me recording all information that occurred in the phone call? What was the point of me asking the rep that the price quoted is correct if it just isn't apparently?

We currently just cancelled our service, because at this point the manager I just talked to said there was nothing that could be done, and that apparently they can't offer the discount that was stated yesterday. I asked if they could just review the phone call, because all the confirmations I asked for are in the last 5 minutes, but they obviously can't. 

Should I try calling again? If one manager can seemingly offer the discount, then it just doesn't go through, what was the point of the hours and hours I spent on the phone trying to negotiate a deal? Has this every occurred for anyone else? I've been a long-term rogers customer for close to 10 years now, and would like to be for the foreseeable future, but not if they are going to just back down on agreements we have on the phone like this.

Thanks, sorry if this post is a little ranty. I'm extremely frustrated right now.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers going back on a deal we discussed on the phone.

Just ask them to pull the call and listen to it, if it's stated in the call you can get that offer they have to honour it, or provide adjustments to make it the same price... pretty simple

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Been there. I record all calls now.

No one there seems to know what's going on. Some don't ever process your order, or set it up wrong. No one records your complains. You only find out if the deal was real when you get the bill. If you don't catch it, you could be stuck in a contract.

I've reduced the majority of my services with them because of their bad customer support.
I've Been Around

This exact same thing happened to me! I was ready to cancel as I had found a better deal elsewhere when the agent on the phone offered me a great deal with everything I wanted and more. I ranted and raved to everyone about how great rogers was how happy I was with them. Lo and behold my bill comes and it is twice as much as quoted. I call them up and there is no record of this conversation, and of course no possible way I could get that deal. How can that even happen? How can I have a conversation with an agent for almost an hour and there be no record of it?

No apology was made besides "sorry there was a misunderstanding" which is not true, the representative was very clear and the only thing I misunderstood was rogers lack of dedication to their long time customers. When I just simply asked if I could have the same deal as was advertised on their website they told me that was only for new customers, when I said okay then I'll just cancel everything and become a new customer, they informed me after cancelling you can't get their exclusive offers for a year, so I basically took that to mean they would just rather me go elsewhere!

Luckily for them I was transferred to a supervisor who gave me a deal mediocre enough to keep me around for now, however this will only be until I find a better deal elsewhere. Unless rogers gets their act together and improves the treatment of their customers I suspect I will be one of many who have had enough of this company's services... Or lack thereof.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

LOL .... sorry it's not funny... it's just sad to see how consistent Rogers is and how their custiomer service works . 

No point in getting mad ...it doesn't help . Usually it takes at least three calls about an issue sometimes four to get it resolved... it seems nothing gets done in the customers favour until you get to customer retention department and then they start to see the light. 

I've been with Rogers for 15 years or more and it's been like that since day one. 

I can only assume repeated toll free calls must cost them money  and they  start to do something after the third one.   LOL

One hand does not count the number of times I've been through this very scenario with Rogers.It's just the way it is .

Nadernt .... yes, call them again unless you don't want to spend more time ...then just switch.   

I've been with Rogers for over 15 years and the one thing I've learned after multiple issues is that it  takes a minimum of three calls and likely 5 to get an issue resolved  somewhat close to the customer's satisfaction .

No point in getting mad .... just call back  and talk to someone different ... remember it's all toll free and it's costing Rogers money to, the more calls you make .   LOL 

Oh ... btw I don't call them using my Rogers cell phone either ... I assume that wouldn't cost them anything.  😉

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

*611 calls are free from the rogers cell.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello barndoor

Anytime you are using a Rogers cellphone & contact Rogers via *611 then its free for as long as you are on the call for. All carriers have this & so does Rogers. So calling Rogers via *611 will not cost you a thing.

Hello meowmiix ... perchance you have misread my  posts ... I think I'll stick to the 1 800 numbers from my landline  and hoping they cost Rogers money ... so far it works for me.  😉