Rogers email hacked - anything to be done?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rogers email hacked - anything to be done?

Hello, @svhorner

Thank you for your post and continuous patience. I'm curious to know if there is any forwarding enabled without your knowledge on your affected email address.

Would you please check it out by login to your webmail > Settings > Accounts > Forward, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

In spite of Rogers Trying to enhance Customer Security by adding "encryption" and "Authentication", my Rogers_Yahoo email account was hacked on Tuesday , May 23, 2017 around 7pm. 

A spam message as below was sent to each and every contact in my contact list.

Each and Every  email from the folders were deleted. Just the empty folders were showing. I am very disappointed that Rogers Yahoo email is not safe. This should serve as a warning to all Rogers email users...

The initial support from Rogers was also disappointing as the tech. said that it was not Rogers but Yahoo that controls the email and he was not very supportive

R.Moraes

Spam message ----

Hi,
I'm having such a frustrating ordeal right now and need a favor from you.
Many thanks.
(Spam message was signed using my first name)
I've Been Here Awhile

To add to to my previous email about" my rogers email account being hacked", additionally  ALL CONTACTS in my contacts folder were deleted

R.Moraes

Hi @rmoraes,

Thank you for your post, and sharing your situation with us. I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you had with your email.  This is definitely concerning and I hope we can make things better. 

Were you able to get anything sorted out since your last post here? 

If you require further assistance, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelp so that we can access your account to further assess the situation. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most of all these changes have been around the PoP and other connectivity from 3rd party devices and apps, at least what i can see.

Yahoo themselves, have enabled 2 step authentication on their web mail access..

But really havent seen anything on the Rogers end.

Unfortunately.. this leaves people open to getting KEYLOGED and their email broken into that way.
If your machine has a keyloger on it, it will record any keystrokes entered. 
This then gives the person your email address and the password to enter in and log into your machine.