Rogers discontinued WhoCalled

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers discontinued WhoCalled

Is Rogers getting rid of everything that differentiated it from the other carriers?
I have always stuck to Rogers for two things:

• Name Caller ID
  • WhoCalled

Now TELUS has the Name Caller ID, and Rogers got rid of the WhoCalled feature. 
I no longer see any reason to stay with Rogers 😕

***Added Labels***

Re: Rogers discontinued WhoCalled

Good day @DeanLubaki,

Thank you for your post! As a WhoCalled subscriber myself, I know how useful that feature really is.

While the WhoCalled feature has not been discontinued, all of our value packs have been.

The feature allowing you to be notified via SMS, for missed calls received while your phone was off, has therefore been grandfathered. I'm sorry to hear this makes you consider changing service provider.

Value Packs are no longer available to Rogers wireless customers, unless you are already subscribed to an existing Value Pack on your account. If you currently have a Value Pack, you should still have the WhoCalled feature. If you are an existing customer without a Value Pack, you are no longer able to add one to your wireless account.

I can assure you that the feature is still functional, if you still have a Value Pack.  I personally still receive the notifications from +8888. For more information, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

I think this response verifies the position of the OP - with the removal of value packs and many of their associated services, Rogers is no longer differentiated from any other service.  In addition, value packs for years was the way I got the additional services I desired for short periods of time, and keep a basic plan in place.

Instead, the approach has become to make many of these value pack items permanent items in their plans and reduces the flexibility to like they say in TV - pick and pay from a menu of items.

But the reality is the that Rogers is positioning them selves as just one of the crowd, and in my opinion, not a leader anymore.  In particular for a person who turns his phone off in order to be uninterrupted due to a sleep disorder - when I sleep I want my phone off - the who called feature was very important - I just get people to send me a text now and I get that when I turn it back on.

I don't think the feature is available anywhere else either, so it means you may as well shop around and find the bundle of features you hope to have at the price you wish to pay.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Well that's my point. I had made changes to my account back in November, and no one told me that was going to remove permanently WhoCalled.

I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly.
Rogers wasn't first to have DC-HSPA (which makes a HUGE difference in the city when you fall back in 3G), was not the first to get LTE-A, and was not the first to get eSIM support (Apple Watch).
I truly have no reason to stick with Rogers anymore.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes leaders they are not. Not even very good followers. They initiated the sale on wireless in Ontario in December and then couldn't follow through on the demand so lost customers as reported in the media. The other companies met the demand and signed up the most customers. They are the only company without support for Apple watch 3 first to introduce rich communications with Google and Google dropped it and went in different direction iptv. When? Hitron modem in beta for how long navigatr no support for wifi calling and let no travel packs after pushing roam anywhere on most plans per use costs only and list goes on and on. They are just another one of the big players in Canada. So your point is taken.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@DeanLubaki  This is one that you may be stuck with, as if I recall we have to present our concerns with a bill or change in plan with 60 days of the bill, so you are probably past,

But having said that, if you believe that it was not presented the impact of removing the grandfathered package (my daughter got caught on one of those and so have I, in one case, I knew that there was no promise that the package would be there after I stopped it - I was stopping all services for 4 months while my daughter was in the U.S., and in the other case, the information was completely misleading and actually removed 3 important features we had specifically put in place to meet our needs, and resulted in reduction in our services, and increase in the price.

I was not able to get it back, even though I called 2 hours later after I heard what my daughter was told, which was complete misinterpreted as I learned when I talked to tech support and they said, oh she lost those features with the package change.  Then it was the, oh we can't put it back anymore (I have learned that somtimes, because it exists in the system under the grandfather codes, the back end department under direction from higher levels can often put the code back.  In my case, I got them to give me two years of credits to reflect the costs of putting back the services that I had lost, and the increased costs of what I got).

But at a minimum, I would escalate this concern, so they are at least aware that yet one more customer has gone thorough this experience of not being fully communicated, which is a direct violation of the Wireless Code now and that clarity of changes has been present since the last time they changed it, not the new revisions.

You can at least be heard, as you make your decisions as what to do next.

On these types of issues, I always push, see if they can do something with it, and if necessary, I pass it upwards all the way to CCTC if necessary.  I am retired, so I have that time.  But I will be honest, I haven't had to do that often, in most cases, I have only gotten to the level of the Office of President, but I will also say I have had to do it more times than I like, but I have my doubts that any company is much better.

Bruce

I've Been Around

I just changed my plan, and the confirmation says the who called was removed? Thought it would be grandfathered since i had a package with rogers and have been with them for more than 10 years??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It is tied to the PLAN and not the account.
Only way to have had it continue, was to have kept that grandfathered plan.

New plan, they are not able to add it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Chikita2423 wrote:
I just changed my plan...

See post 2 of this thread.  You changed your plan, Who Called is gone.

With most new phones and people leaving them in standby or on, the feature is not really necessary, since you can configure most phones to give you a "pop-up" of any incoming calls?