Rogers buy-back PVR/HD box?!?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers buy-back PVR/HD box?!?

Obviously he can sell them for money. His initial suggestion was to toss them in the trash which likely means he does not need the money. So Instead of trash donate the to a friend in need which is the best option. But if someone really wants to sell their boxes go for it I'm not stopping you. But remember the demand for them has decreased a lot so it might be harder to find a buyer. Giving them away is likely the best route and lots of people are on fixed income or retired who can't afford to buy new boxes of theirs broke.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Pauly wrote:
Obviously he can sell them for money. His initial suggestion was to toss them in the trash which likely means he does not need the money. So Instead of trash donate the to a friend in need which is the best option. But if someone really wants to sell their boxes go for it I'm not stopping you. But remember the demand for them has decreased a lot so it might be harder to find a buyer.

I left Rogers Cable over a year ago, but procrastinated selling my PVRs until about a month ago. I've had 18 views on Kijiji, one question, but that's all.  😞

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

Is Rogers still giving a credit on these? I'm on the phone with a rep and he doesn't seem to know anything about this. He says he's going to generate a mailing label and email it to me, but I'm not confident that I'll get a credit.

Edit: Was on hold for a while while they looked into it.  Looks like the buy back program ended in June.