Rogers buy-back PVR/HD box?!?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersLaura

Re: Rogers buy-back PVR/HD box?!?

Hi @opieone28,

Thanks for posting your question in the Rogers Community Forums, we appreciate it! 

By any chance, did you have an opportunity to review my previous post above? There, I've provided some useful information on how the offer works. Upon your activation or migration over to Ignite TV, you should have received a follow-up call from your designated Ignite Concierge agent to confirm how the installation went and to see if there is anything else that you need. At this time, they are also supposed to verify if you have any owned Nextboxes to trade-in for a credit. Have you spoken to your Ignite Concierge agent as yet?

To contact our dedicated Ignite TV Concierge Team, please see below:

Phone Number: 1.866.299.3622 

• Option #1: Ignite Concierge
  • Option #2: Technical Support
  • Option #3: Dial the extension of your Ignite Concierge directly

Hours of Operation: Monday to Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (ET)

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Re: Rogers buy-back PVR/HD box?!?

Two days ago Rogers took my owned digital boxes, claiming they will eventually credit $50 for the PVRs and $25 for the non-pvr.  Have to be NEXTBOX, though, not the older ones.

PVC
I Plan to Stick Around

@ColdGranite did you ask them about buying them back? Or did they approach you?

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The switchover/purchase conversation was long and involved.  It had started as a chat, later became a phone call.

Somewhere during that phone discussion the topic of the old boxes came up.  I cannot swear who brought it up, but I think it went something like this:

We started talked about what Rogers equipment I had to return... the modem, obviously, but I owned the boxes.  She confirmed it on the account... that yes I owned them,  and that's where she mentioned the "credit" policy (I think).  She emailed me a QR code that you go to the post office and get a label printed up and can ship the boxes to some particular address.

But when I checked with a Rogers store about returning the modem... they told me that I could bring the old boxes in as well, and they would handle the shipping themselves.   You don't get the credit right away, not until the shop actually gets and "processes" the boxes... and it will probably take longer than shipping them yourself, but it eliminates the hassle.  And I don't know if this label that they print has paid-for shipping, LOL 🙂

I felt that I had happened to stumble onto a particularly customer-friendly agent... And my Rogers-store guys  were quite customer friendly as well.

And since Ignite plus phone installed flawlessly, I was pretty pleased with my switchover to Ignite. 

Now only to see if I can get it to work as flawlessly in "Bridge" mode.

Leesey
I've Been Around

I realize this is an older post, however I just came across it after having an exchange with a Rogers agent this afternoon. We switched to Ignite in Dec 2019 and at that time the Rogers installer indicated that if we return our equipment, we would be eligible for a credit, however, he failed to mention that it was "owned equipment" that we needed to return, not the rented ones, so I returned the rented ones and didn't see a credit. Don't ask me why I didn't realize that I wouldn't be eligible for a credit on rented equipment, that's another story and part of pandemic brain at this point. 

However, I do have the owned boxes still, I know its says owned equipment can be returned within 6 months, but due to the pandemic and the installer not being specific, can we still return these for a credit? 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

probably not but you can "sell" them privately on places like kijiji or craig's list or ebay or face book marketplace or local buy and sell forums online

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@LeeseyI suspect Rogers offering come buy-back credit would have been an incentive to migrate to Ignite, not something  they'd give you after the fact. Selling the units privately, or giving them to a friend still on Rogers cable would be the way to go. I have 3 orphan PVRs after leaving Rogers cable I should get rid of, but they're probably not worth much anymore.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I have 3 orphan PVRs after leaving Rogers cable I should get rid of, but they're probably not worth much anymore.

They may not be worth anything to you but to someone else in need of one it may be worth a lot.  Some one may have digital cable, who may happen to have a defective box, and probably cant afford to buy a new one to replace it, they will  be happy to take a used one off someone you may be able to put a smile on someone's face who is going thru a difficult time and needs a box

AllyG
I've Been Around

Hello,

We want to return our box and the Ignite TV concierge has not contacted us. We did have a return label in our package (to send stuff back to NCRC in North York, ON). Is this the label we use to return our old owned Nexbox?

ColdGranite
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AllyG wrote:

Hello,

We want to return our box and the Ignite TV concierge has not contacted us. We did have a return label in our package (to send stuff back to NCRC in North York, ON). Is this the label we use to return our old owned Nexbox?

Probably.

When you made the agreement to go ignite, you should have mentioned that you had owned equip to return for cred.  At that time, they should have mentioned that they will be doing one or more of the following:

1.Send you a label.

2.Send you a QR code by email, which you can print or put on your phone, and take to Canada post who would print the label for you.

3. Send you a link, at which there would be a pre-prepared label, which you could print for yourself.

If you are not sure, just contact Rogers again, and tell them your situation and that "I need a label to return my owned equipment for credit"... and they should offer one or more of the above.  The emailed QR code is quickest, you can just package up the equipment, and have Canada Post print and slap the label on it.