Rogers Return Policy

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Return Policy

Hi,

I just did an early upgrade with Rogers and got an iPhone 5S. I know that Rogers has a return policy and was wondering if I take the plastic film off the back/front.. does that void the policy?

I thought it had to be in original condition when returned.

I'm debating between the iPhone 5S and the Samsung S4 currently... any thoughts?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Return Policy

Hello jstizzlee

No it does not void the return policy. The plastic screen protector in the front & back can be taken off. The original condition means no damage on the phone at all & all accessories & box must be returned without any damage on them as well. The return policy is 30 minutes of talk time & or 15 days of you having it. Plastic screen covers that come with the phone can be taken out & will not void the return policy. So you are fine Smiley Happy.

I would highly suggest getting the S4 or S5 when it comes out April 11th if you want a new phone. The next iPhone is supposed to come out September anyways so if you buy the iPhone 5S, you have old technology per say lol.

The S4 has more stuff then the 5S. You can add a SD card to put more music / store more pictures & such. It has a bigger MP camera & has more technology then the 5S.

It all depends on you but i would highly suggest taking the 5S back & use a s4 from the store for a bit & see if you like it & all. You can only make this decision for your self.

You can always search " iPhone 5S VS Galaxy S4" on Google & see what others say.

I Plan to Stick Around

I guess I'll see if I like this or not. I have a MacBook Pro at home and I guess I had the impression that it'd be more convenient to get the 5S.

Would there be any difficulty using a S4 with the MacBook Pro?

Also, does it consume a lot of data? I recently switched to a 3gb data plan.. maybe that's outdoing it?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jstizzlee

The S4 is not difficult to use with the MacBook Pro. I used the S4 & using my Note 3 with my gf's MacBook pro without any issues. Once you plug in the phone via USB, it will pop up a file & you need to open it & transfer music / pictures / videos & such into that file. Pretty easy to use.

It does & does not. All smartphones consume data . it all depends on how YOU use it. You need to close apps that are running but u aren't using  & make sure auto sync is off on some apps so this way it doesn't take to much data.

Also if you have WiFi at home, i suggest turning on WiFi & leaving WiFi on. This way any updates that need to be done on apps / Auto sync on apps & anything running will take data from your WiFi. not your data bucket from Rogers. Many stores like Tim Hortons / McDonalds / TTC Stations St George & Young & Bloor have WiFi  for free. You can access those when your outside & you wont have to worry about your data. Most places now offer free WiFi which will be better for you.

It all depends on how you use the smartphone.As for your data bucket being 3GB, you should be fine as long as when your on LTE, you make sure you do NOT download big updates / files threw the internet ( Via Android as Apple can not do this).

I Plan to Stick Around

Alright thanks!
So if I decide to return the iPhone 5S and get the Samsung S4, do I still get a 15 day return period?

Or is it a one-time return period.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jstizzlee

Yes you do. When you lets say return the iPhone 5S & then do the upgrade to the S4 they will restart the return policy & it will start again at 15 days or 30 minutes of talk time. This is how they do it all the time. its not a one time period thing at all. The store rep will give you the information & it will say this on the paper contract they give you once you do the upgrade to the S4 when & if u do it. Just bare in mind you can NOT return the device if you used more then 30 minutes of talk time on it within the 15 days. It has to be less then 30 minutes inbetween the 15 days.

You are welcomeSmiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay cool thanks!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jstizzlee

You are welcome! Smiley Happy Glad to have helped!
I've Been Around

Return policy on buying outright

Hey, I just bought an iphone 7 from a rogers store outright and unlocked. I was told that i can return the phone within 15 days as long as there is less than 30 minutes of talk time. Now, its not on the rogers network, but im using it on telus. Even if i were to just use facetime and/or facetime audio, would it go towards the minutes? If they were to look at the minutes usage from my phone, couldnt a reset just wipe that clean and put it back to zero? I ask because even if there is nothing wrong with the phone, there could be a chance that i may need to return it. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gurkamalsd

You could do that but I do believe they plug in the phone and check it out with their systems. I have seen it done and before.

I would contact the store before doing the return and ask.
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation